Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 D22 ZD30 Navara Dual Cab 2X4
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day folks.

Please excuse the lengthy write-up as I want to give as much info as possible.

First a little info before we get to the main problem.

2005 zd30 Navara.

Replaced all fuel lines.

Replaced fuel filter and filter with water trap.

Serviced engine new oil and filter element

Checked and cleaned all connectors on the vehicle front to back.

Found and fixed a few (dodgy) cut and re soldered wires. I fixed it properly.

Checked all fuel lines for a possible leak after engine light came on.

Now here goes nothing.

After full service as stated and replacement of all fuel lines and filters I took her out for a short drive and that is where everything went south.

The engine light came on and almost a complete loss of power. Won't go above 2500 rpm. So that is when I went through all the connectors. Fiddled around for a few weeks.

The one day I ran some errands for the wife and behold whilst driving the engine light went out and had full power with around 10psi of boost.

Please bare with me.

Bridged out pin 1 and 8 and got 7 long flashes and 5 short ones. Now I tried to get some good info as to how to decode it. So I went with alternative options first.

Now here is the part where it gets even crazier. If I start it day or night, hot or cold it immediately starts and runs with no smoke or issues except for the engine light and no power.

Yesterday I turned the ignition to the on position and had to open the gate so switched it off again then when I turned it on again the light was out after it started. So what I figured on trying something else.

Ignition on and then off and back on. Start the ute and there is no errors or engine light.

Now my question is what and or where can I hunt to solve the issue at hand.

Any help would be appreciated in this matter

Thank you in advance.

·
Administrator
15,137 Posts
Code 75 is either the fuel pump has failed or the fuel pump ECU. I suspect the ECU has an intermittent fault.

It might also be worth posting up on the (Australian) The Navara Forum. Much more experience of the D22 with a Patrol engine there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good day folks.

Please excuse the lengthy write-up as I want to give as much info as possible.

First a little info before we get to the main problem.

2005 zd30 Navara.

Replaced all fuel lines.

Replaced fuel filter and filter with water trap.

Serviced engine new oil and filter element

Checked and cleaned all connectors on the vehicle front to back.

Found and fixed a few (dodgy) cut and re soldered wires. I fixed it properly.

Checked all fuel lines for a possible leak after engine light came on.

Now here goes nothing.

After full service as stated and replacement of all fuel lines and filters I took her out for a short drive and that is where everything went south.

The engine light came on and almost a complete loss of power. Won't go above 2500 rpm. So that is when I went through all the connectors. Fiddled around for a few weeks.

The one day I ran some errands for the wife and behold whilst driving the engine light went out and had full power with around 10psi of boost.

Please bare with me.

Bridged out pin 1 and 8 and got 7 long flashes and 5 short ones. Now I tried to get some good info as to how to decode it. So I went with alternative options first.

Now here is the part where it gets even crazier. If I start it day or night, hot or cold it immediately starts and runs with no smoke or issues except for the engine light and no power.

Yesterday I turned the ignition to the on position and had to open the gate so switched it off again then when I turned it on again the light was out after it started. So what I figured on trying something else.

Ignition on and then off and back on. Start the ute and there is no errors or engine light.

Now my question is what and or where can I hunt to solve the issue at hand.

Any help would be appreciated in this matter

Thank you in advance.
Same issues with mine .. stay in touch mines in the garage today maybe we can resolve this between us .. I get error code 75. P5 c/module
But there’s no way it’s a fuel issue I’ve drove it over 50 miles if the fuel delivery was an issue it wouldn’t drive. Plus I’ve changed all the oil fuel air filters as you have. I have something for you to try start it up switch on the heat switch let it heat up for 5 mins .. press clutch in and then go via the gears one by one the revs should drop down as you go in gear do this for all the gears ... then switch it off ... and start it... did yiur light go off ? Mine does so I think it’s the neutral position switch located on the side of the gear system.. let me know how you get on?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Same issues with mine .. stay in touch mines in the garage today maybe we can resolve this between us .. I get error code 75. P5 c/module
But there’s no way it’s a fuel issue I’ve drove it over 50 miles if the fuel delivery was an issue it wouldn’t drive. Plus I’ve changed all the oil fuel air filters as you have. I have something for you to try start it up switch on the heat switch let it heat up for 5 mins .. press clutch in and then go via the gears one by one the revs should drop down as you go in gear do this for all the gears ... then switch it off ... and start it... did yiur light go off ? Mine does so I think it’s the neutral position switch located on the side of the gear system.. let me know how you get on?
Thanks a lot mate. YEAH DROVE MINE ABOUT 250 MILES. will look in to that as it is something I haven't checked. please keep me updated as to what the shop found.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something I just thought about. Please correct me if I am wrong. what you are doing is it not the same as IGN on off and on again? Seeing that you switch it on and do the whole running through the gears and then switch of and back on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Apple1977 one guy on another forum also said to check for a worn ignition switch that can also be at fault. I am not going to check that now as it is almost time to go to bed. Have an early morning tomorrow. I will check everything tomorrow after work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pray it is not the fuel pump. I have to do a video but recently had to service mine and it was a costly experience.
Believe me i am praying. Because in South Africa its almost the same price as an engine replacement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts