Nissan-Navara.net banner

D22 ZD30 INTERMITTENT Power loss! All help will be appreciat

14K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  JDO 
#1 ·
Ok guys 4X4 Zd30 D22
For the past year and some months My Zd30 would loss power almost feeling like limp home mode. Power would come and go if the vehicle is switched off. Turned back on the power would come back and not allways. NOTE during the power loss you can see bluse smoke comming out of the exhaust when the vehicle is reved up also a rough idle.. Ive bin searching for answers for a long while.. and no help.

engine milage is below 45k.
Trouble codes were a P0707 INJECTOR PUMP TIMMING..

Things that were done
entire fuel system cleaned.
new primer pump
Nps switch is ok did the test..
Diesil purge
Switched boost pressure sensor..

#2 ·
Re: D22 ZD30 INTERMITTENT Power loss! All help will be appre

Have a good look at the wiring and connector that plugs into the injection pump, especially the wiring loom, sometimes where its routed can get very hot.

Check your turbo spins freely while your at it.

#4 ·

I'm not that familiar with the ZD30, but I'd say check your EGR, intake manifold and all turbo and intercooler pipes to see if they're full of oil or gunk, your crank case breather and maybe fit an oil catch can to see if that helps.

#9 ·

Hamlet said:
I'm not that familiar with the ZD30, but I'd say check your EGR, intake manifold and all turbo and intercooler pipes to see if they're full of oil or gunk, your crank case breather and maybe fit an oil catch can to see if that helps.
+1 EGR valve, could be sticking.
Fault code could be spurious.

G
#12 ·

lookskyward1 said:
it doesnt have a mechanical pump like the older models so this filter is non existant, basically both your engines (non-common rail yd25 and non common rail zd30) have the same electronic Bosch VP44 pump
i hate being negative but since i already read your posts in the asian navara forum, and seen the repplies you got from the guys there who know the zd30 inside out, you might not avoid replacing the pump at least on your zd30 problems....

#14 ·
Try getting a vehicle sparkie with knowledge on ZD30 gearboxes. My 2004 ZD30 was doing the same. Spoke to the local dealer who recommended a knowledgeable sparkie. He climbed under the right side and removed an electronic plug that is connected to the right side of the gear box. He replaced it and asked me to drive around the block. enough distance to heat up the system.

No more limp home mode. The trouble with mine was the electronic plug had died but would only cause drama when the Navara would heat up.

That was six years ago and has not missed a beat since.

Could be your problem. Give it a try. Cost me AUD100.00 for the call out and the fitting.
Let me know how it goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.