Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all, first post here, nice forum you've got going. Call me Beers 8)

Anyway, Down to business..

Dad has an 05 Nissan Navara D22 3L Turbo Diesel (ZD30 Motor) which we have recently found is lacking the power that it used to have, probably a 10-15% loss of power.

He has;
Changed the fuel filter.
Checked fuel lines.
Removed the fuel tank and made sure there was no debris in it.
Checked the stem pipes and made sure they are clear.
Changed fuel hose clamps and made sure it isn't sucking air.

There are also no dashboard warning lights and no error codes when plugged into the computer.

Spent a couple of hours on here last night having a read but the results i came across didn't match our problem.

Any help appreciated. :)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi and welcome :cheers2:
Have you checked all turbo pipes for a potential boost leak?
Blank off the egr.
Am i right in thinking theres something you can do with the 3.0l engine called the butterfly mod? Try that. Theres a how to on Navara Asia.
Clean air sensor inside air filter box.
Check boost sensor (unplug it then drive down road to see if theres any change)
These are all inexpensive and free things to try first. Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou for the feedback guys, I'll sick the old fella right onto it, and we'll see how we go, I'll let you know what the outcome is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it only took us 11 months, but we finally worked out what it was, got onto a friend who's dad works for nissan, who managed to get a copy of the navara bulletin for me, and it turned out the neutral position switch wasn't functioning correctly, so to anyone else who is having this trouble mentioned above. Here is your possible answer.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Same switch causes no end of problems in the UK as well, how much do the Stealerships rob you for one in OZ, they try to get around £70 for a simple switch here.
Lots of owners simply cut back the landing flats on the threaded portion to make it go into the box further to solve the fault for FREE!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, we were mainly lacking power in 3rd & 4th gear, which was also indicated when we performed the heat switch test (flick heat switch on, then knock it through all gears and when the revs drop in a certain gear you know the NPS isn't working correctly). Goes a better up hills now, so we are convinced this was our problem.

Moruya Nissan charged me $65 AU for the switch from memory.
I'll keep that in mind if the problem comes around again!

Cheers

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Thats about £35 then.
Another good old Nissan RIP OFF for the UK then, we pay about double for the same part!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well it only took us 11 months, but we finally worked out what it was, got onto a friend who's dad works for nissan, who managed to get a copy of the navara bulletin for me, and it turned out the neutral position switch wasn't functioning correctly, so to anyone else who is having this trouble mentioned above. Here is your possible answer.
Hi,were about is this neutral position switch located

1 - 10 of 10 Posts