Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have an 07 d40 navarra . Over 1000kms after a head gasket repair my navarra has gone into a permanent limp mode. It still drives but only goes to around 60-70km which takes longer than normal to change gears. After acouple of minutes or so it loses all power in acceleration. A cam sensor error comes up. Which even after replacing the error returns after a while? Any ideas anyone?

Thsnks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We triple checked the timing chain when we put it back on. Like I said that was over 1000kms ago. Any way to know if it has stretched without taking the whole thing apart?

·
Administrator
15,137 Posts
This is how to check

·
Administrator
15,137 Posts

Have a read here

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cars finally drivable again. We noticed that the engine was building pressure and not much was coming out the exhaust so we checked the cat. The drivers side one was completely blocked so we smashed the inside open. Not in limp mode anymore and can get over 60km/h. Has a slight misfire so when it stops raining I will check the spark plugs and coils

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did you check the coils? My 07 Navara is running rough. Had the plugs changed but it didn't help. Mechanic says next thing to try is coils but it's an expensive roll of the dice. My other suspicion is fuel filter. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts