Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone
Looking for some advise/guideance on my 2013 Navara D40, i am looking to upgrade the headunit and speakers, just need Apple Car Play and good Bluetooth

From what i can see there are so many options available BUT there are some challenges with this config

The aftermarket products dont come with a suitable fascia, i know its a truck but i dont want massive gaps in the dash, and it gets dusty in there

Installer keep complaining about lack of wiring harnesses so will lose the steering wheel controls

I am the point now of considering a 9 or 10 inch tablet style device to fill the space.

Also any reconmendations on speakers would be greatly appreciated.

Vehicle Plant Radio Car Steering part

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Hey Everyone
Looking for some advise/guideance on my 2013 Navara D40, i am looking to upgrade the headunit and speakers, just need Apple Car Play and good Bluetooth

From what i can see there are so many options available BUT there are some challenges with this config

The aftermarket products dont come with a suitable fascia, i know its a truck but i dont want massive gaps in the dash, and it gets dusty in there

Installer keep complaining about lack of wiring harnesses so will lose the steering wheel controls

I am the point now of considering a 9 or 10 inch tablet style device to fill the space.

Also any reconmendations on speakers would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 66860
Welcome to the forum!

Sad to say you are out of luck on head unit upgrade. Even if you did you would lose the Aircon display, mpg etc as they are displayed on the head unit.

(On earlier models you could downgrade the centre panel to fit a standard double din head unit)

It's a shame because while the existing setup has some features (hard drive, sat nav etc) they are particularly useless.

I've toyed with the idea of fitting something like this, but where to mount it?
Product Communication Device Font Portable communications device Gadget

As for speakers, just replace them with some decent quality ones from the likes of Kenwood or Pioneer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts