Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having problems with the bluetooth phone system in the D40. I find the system excellent with the exception of the microphone quality. The Nissan dealer suggests it is a known problem and there is nothing they can do about it. Any ideas or suggestions from other D40 owners ?

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
MJ said:
Is anyone having problems with the bluetooth phone system in the D40. I find the system excellent with the exception of the microphone quality. The Nissan dealer suggests it is a known problem and there is nothing they can do about it. Any ideas or suggestions from other D40 owners ?
Its not as good as a hard wired one i have to say.

When speaking to the Office while using it, they could not hear as well as previous car kits.

You need to keep the volume down as low as possible, to help prevent echo.
I have in the past used the Most expensive and best Hard wired car kits in my vehicles, so people expect my calls to be clare 100%

People have got used to it now.

·
Registered
279 Posts
yeah mine is not to good for the person on the other end of the phone. and to be honest i had a parrot bluetooth kit in my focus with the same problem. guess i will just have to live with it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does anyone know where the mic is?

I had an M3 a while ago and during manufacture they were all set up for the cars to be LHD. Removing the mic and bracket from its housing and spinning it, were all it took to sort out.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
279 Posts
good point. have no idear where it is though.
wonder if Ezza can call a favour from his past!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
D40 Bluetooth Quality - Update

Thanks for all the responses... I have found the answer....!!

1. Turn the mic around from the LHS to the RHS, the mic is housed in the plastic strip above the interior lights.
2. Under settings on Voice recognition, option 6 select "on" to reduce voice background noise.
3. The most effective.. select settings, then phone, then adjust the outgoing volume to 1 bar, this cuts out all the muffled effects and the voice quality is almost perfect... well worth doing.

The difference in usability is remarkable.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Re: D40 Bluetooth Quality - Update

MJ said:

1. Turn the mic around from the LHS to the RHS, the mic is housed in the plastic strip above the interior lights.
2. Under settings on Voice recognition, option 6 select "on" to reduce voice background noise.
3. The most effective.. select settings, then phone, then adjust the outgoing volume to 1 bar, this cuts out all the muffled effects and the voice quality is almost perfect... well worth doing.

My Lord, not another secret fix, I drove about for 3 months with the trip computer telling me KMs :lol: the dealer then had a play and found how to change it from English to English and it worked.

Great Fix mate, ill try that in the morning :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: D40 Bluetooth Quality - Update

MJ said:

Just done the same, and yes the improvement is dramatic. 8)

·
Registered
69 Posts
:evil: its alright for you posh people with you bluetooths and your sat navs i have to use my D22 just for carrying the battery for my phone and the handset still wired to that, and the back seats no good its full of road maps :? :? you just dont know how good you D40 boys have got it

·
Registered
79 Posts
come on "Kojak" get a grip do,nt let em think there gettin to you :evil:

we all know we,d rather be 22 than 40 !!

:twisted: spike :twisted:

·
Registered
481 Posts
KAVSEC said:
:evil: its alright for you posh people with you bluetooths and your sat navs i have to use my D22 just for carrying the battery for my phone and the handset still wired to that, and the back seats no good its full of road maps :? :? you just dont know how good you D40 boys have got it
This is an award winning post!! :lol:

But on a serious note, I know someone (who I need to impress, long story) who is having this exact problem, can't wait to tell him about this.

Good work chaps, one of the best results for the forum so far :wink:

Ezz.

·
Registered
279 Posts
can anybody post a "how to".....i am a bit thick!
does the plastic cover just clip off?

thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Removing the mic in the D40

You have to remove the plastic piece and also the metal cage it sits into as the two fit together. You can not just take the pastic cover off and turn it around.

There are about 6 lugs retaining the metal cage in the roof lining. I used a flat bladed screwdriver and carfully eased it out, little effort needed.

However try just the settings first, the outgoing volume to 1 bar seemed to be the most effective, I talked a pal through the seetings whilst he was on the phone last night and the difference was remarkable.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
i left the plastic mic alone as it didnt want to come out.
Changed the settings, and youve guessed it, No Ones phoned me now :(

Will have to wait a bit..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Brian the Snail said:
i left the plastic mic alone as it didnt want to come out.
Changed the settings, and youve guessed it, No Ones phoned me now :(

Will have to wait a bit..
Don't worry I've put your number up on a public lavatory wall. You should be getting some calls anytime soon :shock: :shock: :shock: :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
:twisted: hi Bri is your phone not working iv tried ringing a few times but cant get hold of you Did diesel put the right number up in the lav :?: :?: :roll:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hi,

You are looking in the wrong cubicle - thats my number that you keep trying.

Yours sincerley,

George Michael.

:lol:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts