Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We have a 2009 manual Navara D40. It was driven last night with what we believe was a failing boost solenoid. Loss of cruise control, loss of power up hills, clouds of black smoke.

It was driven for about 100km in this condition, with speed reducing to as little as 40km per hour up hill.

It was also low to very low on diesel in this time.

Eventually, half way up a hill, it slowed and slowed and slowed then stopped.

We left it overnight then started it this morning. It started OK and we turned it off after about 10 seconds, so we could replace the boost solenoid valve.

We've put in a brand new boost solenoid valve. Since then the ute won't start at all.

A friend is a diesel mechanic (big rigs, not utes) and has gone over it with a fine tooth comb. He checked the oil, the turbo, intercooler, air filter, fuel filter all the way through to the plugs, battery, vacuum system hoses, pretty much everything he could check without the ute running.

It cranks, but won't start.

Any and every idea would be most appreciated! Thanks 馃憤

Administrator
Assuming diesel (although you mention plugs and petrol) I wouldn't be surprised if you have blocked the cat with all that soot.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assuming diesel (although you mention plugs and petrol) I wouldn't be surprised if you have blocked the cat with all that soot.
Def diesel, have edited. Cat? Do you mean catalytic converter?

Administrator
We did put together this guide, worth a read, although I think most things have been done.

Definitely worth thinking about replacing the fuel filter though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We did put together this guide, worth a read, although I think most things have been done.

Definitely worth thinking about replacing the fuel filter though.

Great, thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts