Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday experts,

I’ve recently jumped fence and sold my impractical Nissan R34 GTT for the more practical Nissan Navara D40 (Thai built) and am brand spanking new to the diesel life. Just had a question regarding the bullbar.

I am wanting to change the bullbar it currently has (I think it’s factory, it’s an ugly half hard plastic/half steel bar job) and I know there’s a bit about getting the right fit depending on Spanish or Thai.
Are there any options for me to pick up say... a bullbar from a patrol, ranger or whatever I might be able to source and it fit with some modifications or any other direct fits?

thanks guys

·
Administrator
13,996 Posts
Simple answer is yes. The mounting points will be different, so some metal fabrication required.
Obviously one designed for the D40 will be the most straightforward option.

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Navara D40 RX 2.5 Manual Diesel Single Cab
6 Posts
Gday experts,

I’ve recently jumped fence and sold my impractical Nissan R34 GTT for the more practical Nissan Navara D40 (Thai built) and am brand spanking new to the diesel life. Just had a question regarding the bullbar.

I am wanting to change the bullbar it currently has (I think it’s factory, it’s an ugly half hard plastic/half steel bar job) and I know there’s a bit about getting the right fit depending on Spanish or Thai.
Are there any options for me to pick up say... a bullbar from a patrol, ranger or whatever I might be able to source and it fit with some modifications or any other direct fits?

thanks guys
I went through bull bar options a couple of years ago and would recommend you get a D40 bull bar designed for a Thai build. Note the end of the chassis rails are different on a Spain model ... and remember they have to be airbag compatible which is probably why the mounting brackets are telescopic. Trying to make these collapsible brackets for a bullbar from a Spain build or a another vehicle will probably be a difficult exercise.
I waited patiently for a used item and it didn't take long for a Thai factory steel bull bar to pop up on Gumtree. Cost me $500 complete with the correct mounting brackets. It was quite straight forward to fit myself in half a day.
I'm in Western Australia and there's a fellow here who calls himself Zaks Bullbars. He's on Gumtree and is who I bought mine from. He buys and sells used bullbars (also sells new items) and has hundred's in his yard. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a Thai variant. I believe he freights Australia wide so check him out.

Also here's a Thai bullbar with all brackets for $660 ... it's the same as mine (see below) and they freight Australia wide: NISSAN NAVARA 2009 FRONT BUMPER D40 (VIN MNT), BULL BAR-STEEL (AFTERMARKET), THA | eBay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts