Nissan-Navara.net banner

1261 - 1280 of 1312 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine has just gone in to Maidstone Nissan. I should hear back tomorrow. I hope it's ok as I can't afford another pickup if they don't give a good price. Looking at other 2011's they seem to be around £7-8k.
Has anyone had any joy insisting on a new chassis?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I don't think anyone has ever had a new chassis.
If it is OK you may get a repaint or a repair, as you will have read.
If yours is not viable and you look for a replacement, ignore any that do not have Nissan paperwork to say they are sorted - it goes without saying that once is enough! Best of luck.

NB - in the towing community, no Nissan paperwork = a no-no.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just had a call from nissan my truck 2007 with 210000 miles, billcar timing chain, engine sweet as, body work perfect, no dents or rust well looked after, just been told failed chassis inspection £1700 buy back take it or leave it, one off offer 14 days to decide

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
That's unreasonable. Time for a call to Nissan customer services.
Not so sure would you buy one that age with 210k for more? I sold one of ours at the weekend its a buyers market and that was a 2013 . Very tricky to value at the moment I couldnt find any advertised with that mileage on . Nissan have up to now been on the generous side so I dont see why they would single out the OP

·
Registered
32 Posts
Chassis is good, up untill the portion below the bed.

What do you guys think? Preferably I would like to wait untill the weather gets better and then hose the whole chassis out and let it dry. Then give it a complete treatment, weld were needed etc. But those spots kinda worry me.

I've been adviced not to tow heavy loads. Clean and weld asap? I have no heated space to be able to paint it properly afterwards. Can it wait a couple more months?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Hard to tell as the underseal could be hiding a lot, worth having an investigation to see how extensive the rust might me
Time to get the hammer and pointed object out and start looking for weak spots . If it has perforated anywhere you will at best only slow down the inevitable by patching . Just remember the bad corrossion is coming internally from the chassis members and may not be externally visible until it bubbles through. Although they have been doing chassis inspections in the UK ,I think yours would be to old to qualify. Certainly if the chassis is perforated I wouldnt be wasting my time and money with the duplex chain kit as potentially the chassis is a lot bigger issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would like to go ham at it right away but the weather is preventing me atm. Planning on filling it with Dinitrol bc it's probably in not so good of a state on the inside as you mention. After cleaning it out to the best extent ofc.
Asked the Nissan dealer mechanic about the chain and they only ever had 1 replaced. High mileage and it didn't even snap. Putting that on hold indeed.
I'm in Belgium btw and it seems like they don't do the inspections here.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have an 08 Nav with 97k miles on it. It failed the MOT today due to the chassis having holes in it. Its booked in for an inspection with Charles Hurst Nissan this Tuesday. I have been considering getting something a bit younger for a good while now and was initially thinking this could work out well IF they do scrap it. However I have since read that the 20% discount is applied to the full price that nobody ever pays anyway .

Can anybody confirm how it has worked out for them if going on to get a brand new nav...
and IF they do scrap it, does anybody have any idea what sort of figure I could expect?

I probably wouldn't have been going for brand new but if the figures stack up it may be silly not to. I know there are still a lot of IFs to be tackled but I appreciate any info on experiences anyone may have had going this route
Thought I should provide an update on this for anyone else interested

It went in for the inspection and I was told within a couple of days that it was beyond repair. Offered £5425 and the usual 20%. Turns out the 20% discount is worthless as its off full price with a fairly high APR. I was able to get a bigger discount and slightly lower APR after a chat and took delivery off a new auto N-guard in November

·
Super Moderator
4,381 Posts
Anyone got a review on jenolite rust treatment?
Thinking a good jet wash out then when dry, a coat of that to "cure any hidden rust" then a good coat of waxoil?

·
Administrator
12,091 Posts
It can't do any harm. I used a dinitrol kit which came with a rust converter to use before waxing. Some reckon Dinitrol is better than Waxoyl

·
Super Moderator
4,381 Posts
It can't do any harm. I used a dinitrol kit which came with a rust converter to use before waxing. Some reckon Dinitrol is better than Waxoyl
Yea ive not looked into which ill use yet i was just thinking of treating any existing rust first to prevent it spreading!
how would something like jenolite react/work with the nissan "magic paint" already inside the chassis?
I was thinking of mabey using a cold galvanizing spray too (since i can get it by the box load) would that be a waste of time or have any negative effects?

1261 - 1280 of 1312 Posts