Nissan-Navara.net banner

1321 - 1331 of 1331 Posts

·
Administrator
12,349 Posts
Coming from Toyota, the Hilux is a good reliable machine. A bit under powered in comparison and the looks are an acquired taste.

·
Premium Member
2008 Nissan Navara Aventura / BMW 650i / Saab 93 TTid
512 Posts
Nissan paid up!

Hi fellas,
After all the letters and finally my arbitrator calling Nissan, you have to offer arbitration before a small claims court hearing, a call from Nissan, yes, a person.
Much haggling on their behalf, tight buggers! I wrangled a £1000 out of them for repairing my own vehicle, steel supports on chassis and a new crossbeam, plus my time.
For all you guys who have repaired your vehicle, the door is open, they paid out once, they’ll do it again ??
Just make sure you’ve got your receipts etc.
Good hunting, feel free to tell all.
Pete ?
This is really interesting, many thanks for sharing. Some will remember me as a former moderator on the forum and the issues I had with my chassis which included removal of rear truck bed, full rust treatment, stiffening plates welded inside and out for good measure plus full wax-oiling by Rust Buster in Spalding, all at a cost of £2,200.

A year later I received the same letter from Nissan making reference to corrosion issues with 'some' D40 models and that they wanted it in for yet another inspection and either treatment, repair or buy-back. Of course they couldn't see any issues as it had been fully treated but they could see where I had the plates welded. As a consequence they treated the chassis again inside and out.

I remember saying at the time that I was thinking of taking Nissan on to get my treatment costs reimbursed, as I considered the letter a smoking gun, and an admission that there was, indeed a problem.

May I ask how you went about the litigation process? Was it through the Small Claims Court, did you represent yourself or go through solicitors, and were you awarded costs as well as the financial settlement?

I'm assuming that Nissan offered it without acceptance or liability?

Best wishes

Scott

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nissan paid up!

Hi fellas,
After all the letters and finally my arbitrator calling Nissan, you have to offer arbitration before a small claims court hearing, a call from Nissan, yes, a person.
Much haggling on their behalf, tight buggers! I wrangled a £1000 out of them for repairing my own vehicle, steel supports on chassis and a new crossbeam, plus my time.
For all you guys who have repaired your vehicle, the door is open, they paid out once, they’ll do it again
Just make sure you’ve got your receipts etc.
Good hunting, feel free to tell all.
Pete
Congrats mate. Only just seen this, but a great result for you. Taking on the big corporate and winning

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2009 D40
35 Posts
Update on my Truck, with it booked in for October I decided to call another dealer, they can inspect it next Saturday :)
So will drop in and see what they say, mine will be 12 yrs in June so happier that they will check before then...
They did say that they were overwhelmed with trucks to treat and cannot give me a date for doing this.. but at least if its confirmed that it needs done then they should honour it.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
They all get treated if not for the scrap heap! Thats where I think the confusion has come about with the previous dealer they are all pretty quick getting them inspected but all have a long list to treat. From what you said about the previous dealer I assumed that was for the treatment as they wanted it a week the inspection takes an hour or two.

·
Registered
2009 D40
35 Posts
Yea, the previous dealer seemed to just want to take it in and do it all in one visit... whether it was scrapped of treated!
At least now I should know its fate soon before I do any work on it....

·
Registered
2009 D40
35 Posts
Quick update, dealer called and cancelled my visit, found out that there were also two outstanding recalls... power seat harness and power seat switch! So now booked in for next weekend and they will have a courtesy car for me, thats the good news :confused:
with the covid-19 issue ramping up and me being "at risk" I am too worried to risk the unecessary exposure. I will have to cancel and see if they will collect and return the truck at some point.

·
Registered
2009 D40
35 Posts
another update, Nissan cant collect the truck.... the dealer told me that if I cant get to them before the end of the month my claim will be rejected :oops:
I dropped a quick mail to Nissan UK to ask if they would honour my claim due to the current circumstances, they said YES... well done Nissan, credit where credit is due..??

1321 - 1331 of 1331 Posts