Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Years ago both my brothers had motor bikes & when out & about with them as a passenger, the riders of other large bikes & me brothers used to nod their heads in appreciation of the same interest. I have this urge when ever i see another D40 driver to flash me lights or wave just to say, nice truck & what good taste they have, it would just be nice to acknowledge you guys on here.

Not sure if I am sad or just a bit simple, just thought it would be cool.

So if you're driving along & you get someone in a black D40 flash you or wave & you have not got a clue who it is, its only me.

G

·
i drove through yeovil today (well yesterday now...)

I flash / wave at D40's as well - my missus calls me sad and lonely :cry:

If you see a d40 with ***** lights on the top (yellow flashing bar of park-anywhere lights) its me....

·
Registered
171 Posts
That sort of thing definately goes on when I'm in the mini (Proper mini not new one!).

Not at all in the accord as most of the drivers are too old too see other cars.

not noticed any acknowledgement from other Nav's but I've noticed the looks! maybe it'll come with time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I first noticed this when i had the misfortune to buy a wizzard roadster vw beetle(not buy choice)

But to be fair the car got much attention from all other (old) vw owners people even waved at me when walking in the street and i certainly didn't know them.

Second car Lancia integrale EvoII i have had this car for 6 years , All other lancia owners wave people stare , take pictures, approach me in the street petrol station etc, tel me there brother/sister/auntie/mate etc used to have one a proper lancia rhd of course, but always good .Other marques wave flash lighs to mainly mitsi evo's subarus , and ferrari's .

Well the navara ,I have had other owners wave ,myself would nod ,not flash my lights wave etc. Even then i feel a little silly,lets face it there are so many on the roads now.

I do get "nice truck mate" from passers, probably not L200 drivers but it gets "Respect" and that all counts. I think its a D40 Thing.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Was with the wife the other Sunday driving my Black Outlaw and had just been saying how great I thought the D40 was/is, when a black D40 was driving in the opposite direction. So I say's to wifey "look, theres Homers brother" (Yes I've named my Nav Homer :roll: )and then right on cue, the other driver flashes me and gives me the thumbs up

and I manage a quick wave in return.
Well thats nothing much I hear you say, but for the wife it was a big groan. You see, when I had my scooby, I (the car) would get attention ALL the time, couldn't fill up with fuel without having a long chat with someone. Everywhere we went people would say "is that your Subaru parked outside, blah blah blah" and the wife absolutely HATED that.
So for her, the waving thing brought back memories she would prefer to forget!

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
sounds likea great idea, lets all wave from now on :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Waves and flashes

I thought it was only me who flashed because I drive the "King of the Road". I tend to find other Black D40 drivers flash but not silver or other colours
Keep it up - let's see how many D40 drivers we can get to flash back........ now that is sad isn't it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.