Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my 59 plate tekna manual has a retractable grab handle located above the drivers door window and on the nearside front pillar it has a 45° fixed solid grab handle?
I have seen photos on autotrader..etc of D40's of the same year with the same fixed handle as the n/s?..was this an extra that you coud ask for on purchase ..etc or could my d40 pillar be Converted? I think this is better for crossing rough terrain! Cheers

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
Hi all, my 59 plate tekna manual has a retractable grab handle located above the drivers door window and on the nearside front pillar it has a 45° fixed solid grab handle?
I have seen photos on autotrader..etc of D40's of the same year with the same fixed handle as the n/s?..was this an extra that you coud ask for on purchase ..etc or could my d40 pillar be Converted? I think this is better for crossing rough terrain! Cheers
Moved your post. It isn't for rough terrain, just allowing little people to get on board.

·
Administrator
2,384 Posts
Moved your post. It isn't for rough terrain, just allowing little people to get on board.

If it’s like Nissan’s other off-roaders though, the necessary bolt holes are probably fitted to the pillar behind the trim.

These handles are usually absent from the drivers side in airbag vehicles because of the larger deployment envelope of the driver’s airbag compared to the passenger one.

But yes, it’s for alighting and boarding, not for rough terrain - keep your hands on the wheel!

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
This has been discussed before, essentially it is all a bit random. Some had grab handles on both sides, some not. Probably more to do with parts sequencing to the production line than a deliberate choice.
You could try around the breakers to find a B pillar with handle, it will be a straight swap.

·
Registered
259 Posts
It is indeed an easy swap (although it's the A pillar grab handle you're after not the B pillar: that's there for rear seat access).

I got the handle and trim from a breaker (Chesterfield area if I remember correctly) for about £25 plus postage.

Once I'd removed the old trim the bolt holes were there waiting.

It's much easier to haul myself into the drivers seat now, I use it each and every time....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts