Nissan-Navara.net banner
41 - 60 of 90 Posts
G

·
bobsabuilder said:
Made a second gasket myself using the plate as a template as I already had some gasket material.
£9 is steep for what it is. Typical dealers prices for you!
I agree bob, bloody joke prices.. It's just I was down there at the time. It was quick an easy to buy a new one even though I have some gasket sheet somewhere lol, getting lazy in me old age.
Have you found a decrease in mpg on short journeys?
Mines dropped a bit with work/home runs but deffo better mpg on a run!!!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Round town with average speed showing as 22mph I've gone from 24.xx to 27.xx mpg so a 3mpg improvement!
Mixed urban with a few longer trips and I can get it over 30mpg and into the mid 30's easily.
After fuelling up and resetting the mpg trip meter I went from Selby-Howden-Bridlington-Hull all via 'A' and 'B' roads and then back to Howden via A63 / M62 I did 37+ mpg.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
I do so little mileage these days though that I don't worry about mpg.
2.5 miles to work, park up all day then 2.5 miles home.
If I decide to go home for my lunch and check on the dogs, it doubles my daily mileage to a full 10 miles!
Truck hardly has chance to warm up!

G

·
Thats some impressive mpg!
My milage is pretty much the same now. Only a touch over a mile to work then I might be away a few nights lol, so Prob doesn't do 10 mile a week anymore.
Its a June 2007 and its got 30600 now I think :lol:
Can't see it's worth replacing it, costing me nowt an I love it. :awesomework

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Biggi said:
Can't see it's worth replacing it, costing me nowt an I love it. :awesomework
Exactly the same thoughts here.....

Bought my truck new September 2006 and done less than 60K miles.
It's done everything I've asked for and more, is cheap to tax, insure and run.
I've replaced all the tyres once, put a set of front pads in (didn't need changing but I had a spare set so fitted them) and replaced both bottom ball joints earlier this year as they were MOT advisaries on past 2 MOT's. Oh yeah, I fitted a blanking plate to the EGR and service it myself.

It's the longest I've ever owned a vehicle for, I have no plans to change it any time soon.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Can someone explain what euro 3 and 4 are and what mine is so i can get the right plate to do my egr blank mod please. :)

2005 pathfinder uk

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
It's the emissions mate, Euro legislation to make vehicle's environmentally friendly.
On the Nav they changed from Euro 3 to Euro 4 in Sept 2006 which drops power from 174bhp to 171bhp.
Suspect your 2005 will be Euro 3 but not certain with it being a Pathfinder.
Does it say on your log book?
I can tell by looking under bonnet.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Front the front of the vehcle (with the bonnet up!) have a look at the side of the engine nearest the battery.
If it looks like this photo from the first page of this thread it is Euro 3

But if it looks like my photo from page 3 of this thread, its Euro 4

Dead easy to fit the blank.

EDIT:
To clarify, it's the rusty end with 2 bolts through it on the end of the shiny metal pipe (thats the EGR pipe)

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks bob, love your avitar. :)
Is there any other mods for the pathfinder/navara....i think i came across an airbox mod somewhere, but can't find it now?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
There's a baffle on the underside of the air filter housing you can remove, another 10 minute job,can't say it made much difference though, none that I noticed anyway, however combined with a K&N filter it increases the turbo noise when cold considerably, I like the noise personally.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well tried to loosen off those x2 14mm bolts with my **** britool socket set after applying some supercrack 15 minutes earlier and it wasnt having none of it.....so went to my pals and used his snap on gear and they were just gonna snap......so its off to my local garage tomorrow to get some heat on them and try again. :(

·
Registered
213 Posts
is the egr manual or electronic?
2007 p;late navara

·
Registered
212 Posts
Job done.....seems to be a bit smoother and pull better at low revs...... or is it just me? :)

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Mother said:
Well tried to loosen off those x2 14mm bolts with my **** britool socket set after applying some supercrack 15 minutes earlier and it wasnt having none of it.....so went to my pals and used his snap on gear and they were just gonna snap......so its off to my local garage tomorrow to get some heat on them and try again. :(
14mm :?

Used a 12mm socket on mine!

41 - 60 of 90 Posts