Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 D40
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, anyone changed the front speaker unit out with a budget one? I am actually a bit geeky with my home hi fi, but the Navara is a strictly budget affair for me. I need a front drivers side unit. Seen some on ebay but they look scrap and are too expensive. I can live with this unit being dead but I would change it out if cheap enough..

ta, be safe......

·
Super Moderator
972 Posts
You seem to be of a similar standing to me with regards to Hi-Fi sound.

In the home, the system cost more than the truck.

But in the Navs, I use THESE in the back, and THESE in the front. Transforms the standard head unit.

34Hz-18KHz resonse @ 90dB at the back, and 22Hz-24KHz @ 90dB on the fronts. With decent sound for under £25 for the back and under £60 for the front. Hard to beat that.

·
Registered
2009 D40
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MRW, may plump for these or similar once the chassis has had the all clear...... same here for home vs truck :rolleyes: strange how we prioritise

Did you modify the door mounts and ditch the pioneer grilles?

·
Super Moderator
972 Posts
No worries. For sure, Pioneer make a decent cheap unit. The specs say it and they sound good.

Unfortunately no photos. But yeah, lose the grilles and very minimal fuss to fit. I am sure there will be pictures on the site somewhere.

·
Registered
2009 D40
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, not all over but it looks a bit crusty but quite solid. Not much left in the way of paint but was MOT'd in January so it hasn't got any holes as such

·
Super Moderator
972 Posts
I think such a recent MOT would have brought up any major chassis weaknesses.

It's probably just a bit of surface flake. Prep it and hit with a generous load of Dinitrol 4941.

·
Registered
2009 D40
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea, looks like I will have to do it myself, don't know if I can wait for Nissan to do as it will probably be next winter before they can do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts