Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am having problems with my dipped beam headlights not working. All other lights work including the main beam. Bulbs and fuses all checked ok. Earth and battery voltage checked ok.
Everything was ok untill one day the navigation display, front interior lights and heater controls stopped working. Found one of the main solid fuses on the positive battery connection corroded. Fixed it and the display and heater controls came back to life. Investigated the interior light cluster and the copper slide needed clicking back in place so now ok. When I started looking at all the fuses I pulled all of them and tested each one I also pulled all the relays in the ipdm just in case it was a bad connection but no luck. Have checked that there is only power to the headlight bulb connectors when main beam is on.
Has anyone got any practical suggestions on where to look next?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still no luck as yet! Has anyone got a pdf of the wiring diagram that covers a 2006 Navara double cab 2.5d please?

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi. Have you checked the dipped beam switch?
No I haven’t as yet only because it seemed logical that maybe I had disturbed something when pulling all the fuses and relays sorting the sat nav display and heater controls. Everything was ok before then. But as I’ve been through everything that I looked at twice now I will pull the light switch stalk and see what I find. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,278 Posts
Still no luck as yet! Has anyone got a pdf of the wiring diagram that covers a 2006 Navara double cab 2.5d please?
Its just a photo of my haynes but it might help
20181127_220552.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I checked and there is no power to the Lo beam 15a fuses. Have swapped the relays around and still nothing so it doesn’t seem that is the problem.... damn! I removed and checked the actual light switch and it gives continuity when I switch from park light to main light on low beam so I think it’s ok. It also has the auto light setting which is where it normally stays so another reason I don’t think it’s that!
Will follow up on Sparkeys info to see what I can fathom later.
Might have to swap the feeds on the light connector so that with the switch on main beam it actually gives power to low beam as the days are getting shorter untill I can sort it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many thanks Sparkey, I will download tonight as I only have my phone with me at the moment.
Hi Sparkey, downloaded and saved to a desktop file. unfortunately when I run the ems.exe an error box tells me there was a problem loading one or more graphic images and di I forget to copy the DATA Directory? When I click ok it gives me the front page of the electronic service manual but if I click start it gives another error box stating the specified file was not found. Any ideas? Many thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still no further forward! I have the Aventura which has the auto light function. I have tried to find the low beam relay but as I don’t have access to the correct electrical layout of the truck all I have done is pull all the relays in the bulkhead ipdm box and swap them. Still nothing? I have resorted to changing the connectors on the headlight bulbs to give low beam when high is selected so at least I can drive at night!
The auto lights activate ok but still only the high beam is live? Which is why I don’t think it’s the switch as it’s the same at both selections. I have ordered a new switch to rule it out but don’t hold out hope!
Someone must have had this issue before surely?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again Sparkey. Just going to to the ipdm reset to see if that helps but if not I guess I need a Nissan consult diagnostic. Any idea if there is a good reasonably priced item that can be purchased? I already have a mini laptop with VCDS & Auto data on it.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Thanks again Sparkey. Just going to to the ipdm reset to see if that helps but if not I guess I need a Nissan consult diagnostic. Any idea if there is a good reasonably priced item that can be purchased? I already have a mini laptop with VCDS & Auto data on it.
Dealer only

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again Sparkey. Just going to to the ipdm reset to see if that helps but if not I guess I need a Nissan consult diagnostic.
Does anyone have any knowledge of a good reasonably priced item that can be purchased? I already have a mini laptop with VCDS & Auto data on it?

·
Super Moderator
4,278 Posts
This still could be the relay
Its in the upside down fuse box (next to the bulk head, trucks lefthand side of the engine bay)
I cant remember which relay it is but if i were you id put my full beams on and pull relays until the full beams go out!
Then you know that relay is 100% working!
Then turn your normal headlights switch to on and test that relay in all the remaining sockets one by one untill youve checked them all or the headlight come on!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts