Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. i was wondering if anyone could recommend some leaf springs for my V6.
I carry a tonne in the back once or twice a month and i dont have (or want) and custom rise on the truck, just some good springs to replace my old ones but take the load.
I have seen 4+1 and 5+1 but i dont really want the truck so high at the back that i have to raise the front.
Any suggestions to what type and where from and pictures if possible would be a great help ?
Thanks

·
Administrator
17,173 Posts
Leaf springs are a tricky area. A bit of a generalisation, but the vast majority of aftermarket springs are not made to high standards, so will often be very stiff and give you an unwanted lift

I would suggest something like Old Man Emu. Not cheap, but being Australian with their very rough roads, tested to distruction.

In the UK the distributor for OME is Deven4x4, have a look at this link and maybe contact them.

Actually what might suit you better are these helper air bags, you can air them up as needed or go the whole hog and fit a compressor. I think there are cheaper kits out there.

Just an an fyi, the rear tub maximum capacity is something like 750kg. ( To get to the tonne a quarter of the load needs to be in the cabin.)

·
Registered
292 Posts
One of my leafs bust so I replaced both sides with a kit from Milners. Came with a full set of polybushes. Easy enough job to do and so far they've been fine, tho' in fairness, i also have airbag assisters due to towing a 5th wheel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts