Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just a quick question. I'm soon going to buy myself a new d40 trouble is i don't know whether to go for the leather option. I have always owned German cars and all with leather which tend to wear very well. On looking at a few D40's i have noticed the leather cracking after a few thousand miles. So my question is do i save my cash and go for cloth instead of leather.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Main problem with not going for leather is that you'll also miss out on a lot of other extras, as you can only have leather if you have an Outlaw with Premium option pack or an Aventura.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was thinking of going for the outlaw, with or without leather. But i don't want to pay good money for **** quality leather.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Another consideration is how long you're planning to keep the truck for, and how many miles you're likely to do. And the biggest wear on the seats in the Navara will be from getting in and out, due to its height.

Before the Nav, I had another Nissan and the leather seats in that were still like new after 2.5 years and 19k miles. On that basis, I was happy to go for the leather again. Only time will tell however...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TBH most wear on leather seats is caused by getting in and out irrespective of height. my previous cars have suffered this as they had wide seat bolsters. some of the d40's at my local dealers have very few miles but the hole of the leather seat's seem tatty not just the area where you get in and out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Maybe you've answered your own question then :wink:

·
Registered
515 Posts
i like the look of leather when its been used. try saddle soap.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a split down the side of the driver seat next to the controls. Caused by a piece of the frame work inside i think. took it the dealer who said they'd had a few with splits in the same place and that Nissan uk haven't warranted repairs in the past as it was driver wear and tare!!Dealer took a photo of it though to send to nissan.

The interesting part is though, I don't think the seats are leather its a man made material were the tair is. which answers the question why it never had that new car leather smell when I bought it and why they are wearing really poorly and look and feel totally different to the seats in my my S60 Volvo, old L200 warrior, and all the other cars we have with leather seats on our fleet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts