Nissan-Navara.net banner

41 - 61 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
by egr bypass do you mean egr block plate or? is there something else to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
by egr bypass do you mean egr block plate or? is there something else to do?

Blanking plate straight forward job, buy kit on EBay or Amazon the egr can cause carbon build up through your engine over time, Egr is putting exhaust gases through your engine to control emissions, The by pass makes your engine run better it can’t be detected on mot.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Blanking plate straight forward job, buy kit on EBay or Amazon the egr can cause carbon build up through your engine over time, Egr is putting exhaust gases through your engine to control emissions, The by pass makes your engine run better it can’t be detected on mot.
alright, i’ve already got a egr blanking plate installed in it. i’ve seen pictures of people looping the rubber hoses bsck to eachother but don’t know whst the point in doing it is

·
Registered
198 Posts
alright, i’ve already got a egr blanking plate installed in it. i’ve seen pictures of people looping the rubber hoses bsck to eachother but don’t know whst the point in doing it is

You might have more than one fault with your vehicle the problem with the s.c.v you don’t always get fault codes when you do it’s a fuel pressure issue.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

alright i’ve had a look through the eds scan tool user manual and there’s fuel rail pressure and intake manifold absolute pressure. would this show me the fuel pressure and possibly boost? and if so, would you know roughly what each should be?

·
Registered
198 Posts

alright i’ve had a look through the eds scan tool user manual and there’s fuel rail pressure and intake manifold absolute pressure. would this show me the fuel pressure and possibly boost? and if so, would you know roughly what each should be?

Better to take the s.c.v off and check the valve piston for signs of sticking if it's faulty you get high fuel pressure it should be around 400psi depending on what fuel system you have if it's sticking you can clean up the piston with light oil and 600 wet and dry paper as a temp repair make sure it's all cleaned up before refitting.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
i’ll change fuel filter tomorrow, give it a test drive then check the scv and report back here. cheers for the help

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
new fuel filter is in, still lacking power, ive just bypassed the boost solenoid again and has the power so just using it like this until i can figure out what the actual problem is. couldn’t figure out where the SCV was located on it either

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
would leaving the boost solenoid bypassed do any damage to anything?

·
Administrator
12,985 Posts
People seem to have done it, so probably not.

The course of action I would recommend is to do some diagnostics
  1. Buy an obd bluetooth dongle, less than $20 off eBay or Amazon, download Torque or similar to your phone, assuming you have Android.
  2. Look at the boost pressures, should be about 3 at idle and 20 full bore.
  3. It is possible that the boost sensor had failed, in that case the app will show the wrong boost levels.
  4. Your scv has not failed unless you are getting stalling at idle.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
will have to have a look at a obd dongle, got a eds but doesn’t seem to have boost pressure in it. all the powers back and has gotten rid of the excessive black smoke under acceleration

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
would the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) be the boost pressure?

·
Registered
28 Posts

Is this the boost pressure sensor mounted to the intercooler top left as you look from front of vehicle easier access with the front grill off, probably worth checking and the little vac pipe off of it

·
Registered
28 Posts

Is this the boost pressure sensor mounted to the intercooler top left as you look from front of vehicle easier access with the front grill off, probably worth checking and the little vac pipe off of it

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
bidding know there was another boost sensor on it, i’ll have a look

41 - 61 of 79 Posts