Nissan-Navara.net banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
just wanted to try and replace the hoses to the solenoid to see if it’d work and it didn’t, still has an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
just wanted to try and replace the hoses to the solenoid to see if it’d work and it didn’t, still has an issue

I take it the waste gate diaphragm has been tested on the cylinder and the rod is moving freely,

·
Registered
198 Posts
as in on idle?

If you’ve got a vacuum tester with gauge you can check the Cyl travel on the rod to make sure the waste gate is closing properly if it’s not going fully back to the stop position you will loose boost pressure the test can be done with engine of.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
alright so i’ve thought about it last night and was curious, would i be able to get a boost tap / boost tee and bypass the solenoid all together? just don’t want to be running full boost all of the time. cheers!

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you’ve got a vacuum tester with gauge you can check the Cyl travel on the rod to make sure the waste gate is closing properly if it’s not going fully back to the stop position you will loose boost pressure the test can be done with engine of.
You can run the risk of over Boosting when that starts to happen the e.c.u put the system into limp home mode to protect your engine and you have to reset the faults again.

·
Registered
198 Posts
alright so avoid going boost tap?

Your better to put everything back as it should be get all the faults erased from the system Road test the truck and check what faults come back up and take it from there you can use the throttle pedal procedure for erasing faults look at the videos on YouTube if your not sure how to clear the faults.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
i’ve got a obd scanner, no engine lights or fault codes come up, press erase just to make sure, and makes no difference at all

·
Registered
198 Posts
i’ve got a obd scanner, no engine lights or fault codes come up, press erase just to make sure, and makes no difference at all

A basic way of checking boost pressure get someone to rev the engine and press on the top intercooler hose and it should expand up, you might have a mechanical issue with your engine causing l.o.p i.e. low compression,

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
i’ve got a metal hot pipe on it at the moment. tried that test before i got the new solenoid and it didn’t blow up at all

·
Registered
198 Posts
i’ve got a metal hot pipe on it at the moment. tried that test before i got the new solenoid and it didn’t blow up at all

You might have an intercooler or hose leaking causing loss in pressure that should put a fault up from the boost pressure sensor.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
where’s the boost pressure sensor located and can it be cleaned?

·
Registered
198 Posts
where’s the boost pressure sensor located and can it be cleaned?

The map sensor should be at the top of the inter cooler on the drivers side behind the grill, the Maf sensor on the intake hose housing at the air filter box better to clean both sensors you can buy the correct cleaning spray or use brake cleaner be careful not to damage the sensors.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
i’ve cleaned the MAF sensor already so i’ll give the boost sensor a clean and see if it works. fingers crossed

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
alright got the nav back from the mechanic last night, and as i originally asked in the first post about having to setup the turbo actuator, it actually turned out to be the problem. they chucked the turbo on and didn’t setup the actuator, was only running 10psi boost, now runs the original 17psi as i’ve been told. all the power is back. cheers everyone for your help!

·
Registered
198 Posts
alright got the nav back from the mechanic last night, and as i originally asked in the first post about having to setup the turbo actuator, it actually turned out to be the problem. they chucked the turbo on and didn’t setup the actuator, was only running 10psi boost, now runs the original 17psi as i’ve been told. all the power is back. cheers everyone for your help!

61 - 79 of 79 Posts