Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case others have the same issue!

I had an annoying rattle noise which lasted around 2 seconds every time I started the engine.
Occasionally after engine off it would also do it.

I quickly traced it to the ventilation / blower unit.

Under the steering wheel and behind the heating controls you'll find the ventilation / air distribution unit. Get a torch and watch the mechanism whilst turning key to on position. Try cycling through the different air outlet settings and you should notice the mechanism judder.

Simply unbolt the actuator, then remove the black plastic panel (4 x 7mm hex fixings)
Take note of position of the the arms and the rotary unit, remove it all and grease up the tracks.
When reinstalling make sure to set the left hand arm into the track on the rear side of the rotary unit before fitting the two arms back in place.

Refit the front panel and actuator, before testing.
Finally make sure the air distribution and the control panel are synchronised. If they aren't, you've done something wrong on reassembly.

Ian

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
taylor888 said:
Ian i have the same problem mate. Thanks for letting me know i get my mate do do it for me. I have this problem i like takeing things apart. But for some reason they never go back. :lol:

Bit like me. I always have screws or nuts left over........ :D

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
i was gonna ask if anyone else had this problem :p thanks for telling me

and as for spare bolts left over i have a draw full of bolts from both my old rover 200 and MG ZR, dunno what they were from but they obviously werent essential haha

·
Registered
385 Posts
many thanks i have got this annoying to hell hmmmm guna give it ago i think whats best way to get to it by removing the radio or under the steering wheel ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Very good post, wondered if anyone would be able to post a "how to with some pictures" as they do it (as I am struggling to get my simple mind around it), it seems like its a common problem, I had it in my old 55 plate, and also got it in my 07 plate which I picked up at the weekend.
Cheers
Joe

·
Registered
60 Posts
Elitetech, that would be very handy if you could do a how to, would ask you to do it on mine, but the major problem is im no where near buckingham :lol:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Afternoon all, hope your all having a good weekend. Just been looking at the clicking noise that comes on when I put the blower onto the window screen. I have video'd it and it is just uploading to youtube (taking ages as we have very slow rural broadband), i will then post a link on here to it when it is complete.
Just trying to work out how to get to the necessary parts to grease them, do i have to remove this to get to the panel?

Any help would be much appreciated,
Cheers
Joe

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, its clipped in on the left hand side, top and bottom. But you don;t need to unplug anything!
Hold it tightly top and bottom, towards the left hand end and wriggle it out of it's two mounts.
push it up under the steering column trim out of the way...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for this, Ill get some more photos pf me doing it and post a how to.
Cheers again
Joe

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Excellent video! you can see the tracks which are greased i'm talking about.
It's the white plate you'll need to grease up, front and rear.

Take note of the actuator arm positions before sliding it all off...
Remember to put the left actuator arm into the track when you put the white plate back on!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts