Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2.9K miles... keep finding few drops of oil every morning in my parking spot.
I know its perfectly normal for Landrovers, but for a brand new NIssan?

G

·
shouldn't leak oil at all mate, have you banged the bottom of the engine whilst going off-road....or could the leak be the a/c discharge?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a/c discharge no way... and i never done any serious offroading, just gravel and sand. Never hit the bottom. Alltho i am a harsh driver, rapid acceleration & stops. Will take it to Nissan.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
I had this problem on a Merc Vito Van, it was the Turbo Seal or something to do with the Turbo,
People knew where i had been as they just followed the trail of oil from the Vito Van :lol:

Im not a fan of Merc Commercial.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Ray,
Park it somewhere clean then figure out where the oil is dropping from before moving the truck.

Back axle / Gearbox / Engine / Front Diff..

Have a look in the engine bay to see if it is leaking out of somewhere obvious. If you have not pushed the dipstick fully home or the cap is loose, the oil will blow out and the wind from driving carry it back to the bulkhead where it will run down and drip off.... :?

Good luck mate, home its something simple

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HI, this morning i examined from where the oil leak might come from. It looks like its from to front of the engine, the first engine bit chich is visible have traces of oil. Taking it to Nissan at 3 o'clock.... wish me luck :shock:

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
:lol: Guess what.......

Spot the Leak :x

·
Registered
566 Posts
Ray,

no leaks lately tho, couldnt prove anything to my dealer yesterday... it was dry
You mean empty :shock:

Be careful when they offer a "fix" that they don't just add something to the oil to make the seal swell - thats a very temporary approach!

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Well what can i say, Turned up at Desira doorstep at 8.30 this morning, Engineer got it on the ramp, had a good look,
yes its the seal.
Filled the gearbox oil back up.
This is done when the Nav is on the ramp, i thought there might be somewhere you poor it in under the bonnet but there isnt.

All in all the engineer spent about a hour, checking, taking it out.

Its a big job to do, so its booked in early next week. With the 18K service to do at the same time.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
scarey said:
bad luck brian , lets hope they dont give you a nissan note to run about in...
Nahh they are providing me with a Ducato !

I need a large vehicle as i need to deliver AC equipment to the engineers on site.

THeres oil all over my yard now, does anyone know how to get oil out from Concrete ??

I had a Yep over this afternoon and i had to ask him to Dodge the Oil Slicks :(

Looks like i need a drip tray for a couple of Days.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
raymanuva said:
HI, this morning i examined from where the oil leak might come from. It looks like its from to front of the engine, the first engine bit chich is visible have traces of oil. Taking it to Nissan at 3 o'clock.... wish me luck :shock:
you need to Smell the Oil mate, This is what i did this morning, if it smells nice a Spicy its gearbox, if it smells old and dirty its Engine.

Also if its black its engine if its gearbox its nearly clear ( looks like a damp spot )

hope that helps mate

·
Registered
566 Posts
Brian,
Brush in washing powder, then add a little bit of water, brush it in some more then pressure wash it all off.

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Dunc said:
Brian,
Brush in washing powder, then add a little bit of water, brush it in some more then pressure wash it all off.
cheers mate :) theres oil everywhere on the concrete now :(

looks like i need a box of Bold to sort it all out, at least i know it can be cleaned away :)

Cheers mate :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Dunc said:
Brian,
Kim & Agie have got nothing on you mate!!! :lol:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Years of owning "oil dropping" old bangers and a selection of driveways! :D :D

Anorak mode "on"
Concrete is a git because it is porus (unless sealed) so the oil soaks in and the carbon stays there so although you may get the oil off, you might still have a bit of a stain.

You can use a whole variety of chemicals on concrete.

With tarred drives, don't use petrol!!! as it disolves the bitumen (if it is bitumen based) and you get left with a hole. That is why it is best to use a strong soap as it breaks down the hydrocarbon.

Anorak mode "off"

1 - 20 of 23 Posts