Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas got myself in a bit of a pickle.
i have a 06 d40 yd25 spain.
For the last coming weeks my expansion tank has been spitting out water on high revs. Did a pressure test and there was no results. So i deleted my egr to be safe and changed my thermostat and of course my expansion cap. After that no luck and today while spittng out water it over heated. I instantly turned it off. The car is still good. But i cant figure this thing out. Im thinking of doing a complete fkush of the system to see if there are potentially any blocked hoses. Could that be the case? Could my heater core be blocked up? Any help would be great. Cheers!
Also mt heater keeps going hot and cold and now takes ages to warm up

·
Administrator
15,348 Posts
Welcome along.

It is either a head gasket, blocked radiator or failed water pump. If the pressure test is OK, it isn't the head gasket and a good flush might be all you need.

Several people have replaced the radiator, they can get blocked up if people use tap water instead of coolant. They aren't expensive.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
Hello, Belal, welcome.

As above really. Hopefully one of the less serious possibilities.

And yeah, a simple cheap check; blocked rads are common for many reasons, including mixing coolant types. This can cause a build up of jelly and blocks everything up real bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome along.

It is either a head gasket, blocked radiator or failed water pump. If the pressure test is OK, it isn't the head gasket and a good flush might be all you need.

Several people have replaced the radiator, they can get blocked up if people use tap water instead of coolant. They aren't expensive.
hey mate so just an update did a co2 test on the radiator and it came back clear, changed the expansion tank and flushed the radiator. But unfortunately the expansion tank is still releasing water. Is it possible there is a block in the heater core doing this?

·
Administrator
15,348 Posts
It is possible yes, especially if somebody has added a cheap leak sealer. Easy to check by disconnecting the hoses in the engine compartment and putting a hose on the inlet.

·
Super Moderator
1,192 Posts
Not recommended, but I was forced to use an airline on one particular Audi A4. It was a last resort and could have simply blown the heater core apart. Someone had mixed coolants years prior.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is possible yes, especially if somebody has added a cheap leak sealer. Easy to check by disconnecting the hoses in the engine compartment and putting a hose on the inlet.
worth a shot! Just curious to see if you think its strange that the heater does produce heat still, but fluctuates constantly, and rventually goes cold because the expansion tank has spat out to much water?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts