Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My car specs: 2013 Navara D40 STX, Spanish built, 180,000km on the clock.

So for a while I have noticed that when going uphill on steep inclines I can hear a sort of vibration coming from the engine. It will usually go away when I plant my foot on the pedal and get into higher RPMs and move faster up the incline, unless the incline is incredibly steep sometimes it struggles and still vibrates.

I noticed that after my last oil change the problem isn't quite as bad as it was before - but it is still there. I am wondering if it is an issue relating to the transmission, as planting my foot on the pedal and getting into higher RPMs usually fixes the issue. I do believe I have a minor vacuum leak somewhere but I dont know if this is related to the problem, as after a 8h road trip (several months ago) I arrived at my destination with a rattle coming from the radiator. After opening the rad cap, a lot of air escaped and the rattle disappeared. I now open up my rad cap every now and again to let built up air out. Still struggling to find this leak but it doesn't seem to be that much of an issue.

Regular driving on moderately flat surfaces is absolutely fine. I live in the city so its usually not that big of a deal. This only happens on steep inclines which you encounter a lot in rural New Zealand.

Thanks

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi! My car specs: 2013 Navara D40 STX, Spanish built, 180,000km on the clock.

So for a while I have noticed that when going uphill on steep inclines I can hear a sort of vibration coming from the engine. It will usually go away when I plant my foot on the pedal and get into higher RPMs and move faster up the incline, unless the incline is incredibly steep sometimes it struggles and still vibrates.

I noticed that after my last oil change the problem isn't quite as bad as it was before - but it is still there. I am wondering if it is an issue relating to the transmission, as planting my foot on the pedal and getting into higher RPMs usually fixes the issue. I do believe I have a minor vacuum leak somewhere but I dont know if this is related to the problem, as after a 8h road trip (several months ago) I arrived at my destination with a rattle coming from the radiator. After opening the rad cap, a lot of air escaped and the rattle disappeared. I now open up my rad cap every now and again to let built up air out. Still struggling to find this leak but it doesn't seem to be that much of an issue.

Regular driving on moderately flat surfaces is absolutely fine. I live in the city so its usually not that big of a deal. This only happens on steep inclines which you encounter a lot in rural New Zealand.

Thanks
Could be the cylinder head gasket on its way out allowing air into the cooling system it will show up more on a longer run, There’s a pressure test garages do they use coloured fluid on a pressure tester bowl if it changes colour it’s a head gasket issue,

·
Administrator
15,894 Posts
It does sound more like an engine rather than transmission, although the rear joint on the front prop does wear quickly.

I would start here

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does sound more like an engine rather than transmission, although the rear joint on the front prop does wear quickly.

I would start here
Now that you mention it, being a rear joint could make sense - as it is taking the weight of the engine when going uphill, perhaps it could be a failing rear engine mount/joint?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts