Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Looking for some help/ideas if poss. I have a water ingress issue on my 2005 D40 over the drivers side door where the roof lining is well wet. I thought it could be the drains on the sunroof at first but they seem to be working ok; any ideas? Door seals seem to be in good nick.

There was also some standing water under the drivers side front door trim in the channel but hadn't extended to the main floor or carpet?

Thanks for any help you can give(y)

·
Administrator
13,630 Posts
There's a small slot at the front of each of the roof rack feet. Often the rubber covers the slots, you should be able to push the seal to expose the hole.
Alternatively, park with the front uphill!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a small slot at the front of each of the roof rack feet. Often the rubber covers the slots, you should be able to push the seal to expose the hole.
Alternatively, park with the front uphill!
Hi Landmannnn, just coming back to you on this one, I can see clearly the drain holes inside each of the roof rail fixing bolt recesses, however, I can't see any obvious outlet for any of them?? The only rubber I can see is the shoe that it's mounted on and this is on pretty tight and snug i.e. not possible to pull down or adjust? To be honest, there's only around 2mm of rubber seal around the edge of the foot so again I'm struggling to visualise where any water could exit?

Any further help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
13,630 Posts
Hi Landmannnn, just coming back to you on this one, I can see clearly the drain holes inside each of the roof rail fixing bolt recesses, however, I can't see any obvious outlet for any of them?? The only rubber I can see is the shoe that it's mounted on and this is on pretty tight and snug i.e. not possible to pull down or adjust? To be honest, there's only around 2mm of rubber seal around the edge of the foot so again I'm struggling to visualise where any water could exit?

Any further help would be appreciated.
Interesting, on my old 2006 there was definitely a small slot partially obscured by the seal you mention. Just looked at my current (2014) and I can't see it.

I am not going mad (although I thought I was), this post mentioned it too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting, on my old 2006 there was definitely a small slot partially obscured by the seal you mention. Just looked at my current (2014) and I can't see it.

I am not going mad (although I thought I was), this post mentioned it too.
Yes I saw that over the weekend actually, made me chuckle:giggle:
My leak is exactly the same as was described in this thread. I've eliminated the sunroof drains (I think/hope). I threaded some stiff wire down both and poured some hot water into the sunroof gutter and sure enough I had two steaming puddles on the floor where I would have expected them, on the road under the door pillar, not inside the truck! :LOL:

I partially peeled back the roof lining today to have a look under the foot over the drivers door. The underside was indeed wet but, after cleaning out the individual drain holes with a paperclip, I am still no wiser as to how the things are supposed to drain. There doesn't appear to be any corrosion, inside or out, so I may just have to take them off and re-seat them.

Heavy condensation across the whole windscreen and sunroof inside the truck this morning.....carpets and the rest of the roof trim are dry...

·
Administrator
13,630 Posts
IMG_20201123_195957.jpg

Sorry for the rubbish photo, it's cold out there and I didn't have any shoes on!

Anyway, you can just see the little slot where I have pulled the rubber down with my fingernail, this is the passenger side on a UK vehicle. If you zoom in you can just make out the slot.

Any water that gets in should come out here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
View attachment 64990

Sorry for the rubbish photo, it's cold out there and I didn't have any shoes on!

Anyway, you can just see the little slot where I have pulled the rubber down with my fingernail, this is the passenger side on a UK vehicle. If you zoom in you can just make out the slot.

Any water that gets in should come out here.
Thanks bud, I really appreciate you taking the time(y) I'll have a look tomorrow on mine.

That looks pretty marginal, easy to see why it could get blocked quite easily

1 - 10 of 10 Posts