Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a problem with Nissan Navara Diesel d40 yd25 engine. The problem is it wont start until a little petrol is sprayed in the air filter. After start everything is fine.
As per my OBD scanner no fault found, at cranking it is giving 32MPa pressure. SCV is Ok, replaced CKP and CMP sensors, fuel line is good. It seems no firing signal giving to injectors on cranking. After starting via petrol spray, there is no stalling, knocking or white or black smoke.
Please help

·
Administrator
15,137 Posts
Does the fuel primer get hard after 3 or 4 squeezes? Common to get air leaks in the fuel system.
If that is fine I would check the glow plugs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the fuel primer get hard after 3 or 4 squeezes? Common to get air leaks in the fuel system.
If that is fine I would check the glow plugs
there is no air lock issue as after the forced starting idling and everything is fine. I kept another one injector outside the engine with one of the injector line connected to verify current is coming during cranking. Unfortunately no current pulses (tick tick sound from the injector ). Earlier I got somewhat same issue with Isuzu pickup and found poor cam sensor connection. I checked the wiring for any short circuit and damages but bad luck.

·
Administrator
15,137 Posts
there is no air lock issue as after the forced starting idling and everything is fine. I kept another one injector outside the engine with one of the injector line connected to verify current is coming during cranking. Unfortunately no current pulses (tick tick sound from the injector ). Earlier I got somewhat same issue with Isuzu pickup and found poor cam sensor connection. I checked the wiring for any short circuit and damages but bad luck.
If you have an air leak, it can be difficult to start, but will run ok. Are you saying that the primer bulb does go hard after a few squeezes?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have an air leak, it can be difficult to start, but will run ok. Are you saying that the primer bulb does go hard after a few squeezes?
No air leak. I could see the pressure while cranking is reaching 32Mpa. And if I removed scv connection the pressure is increased upto 92 Mpa. So we can override air leak. Also no firing current to injectors while cranking.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Try starting the car with foot on the accelerator pedal if it starts rev it to 2500-3000 if it keeps running you have a bad SCV. Alternative method of starting it without spray is to squeeze the primer bulb 2-3 times if car starts you have an air leak. Thats what happened to mine. No firing current to injectors while cranking could be a faulty crank sensor. Check fuses and fuel pump relays maybe those could have gone bad. Also check the harness connector at each injector for tightness and oxidation on the pins, verify the wire harness connector at the ECU.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi
I checked the wiring for any ground fault and open/ short circuit with cmp and ckp No fault found. In my obd scanner while cranking “start signal” status is always off. Other same model when I checked it’s “OFF” in ignition ON but at cranking it goes “ON” and turns OFF immediately after start.
can you identify what’s the input for ON status?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Maybe the ECU has gone bad you could try a hard reset or maybe have the ecu checked out by a speciality garage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I figured out the “start signal” to the ECU which was from none other than ignition key,while cranking. From the manual I understood that start signal is ON only for a moment while cranking.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts