Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Can anyone tell me the specific differences between the D5 and the D22.
We have a D22 at the moment, unfortunatlly the enging has fallen to bits even though it is only two years old.
So have gone back to the dealer to ask about a new pickup, the salesman tells me they just have D5 available now (I'm not keen on the new style Navara) but that it just has a few differences inside. Like air con instead of climate control. :?

If anyone can give me some clues it would be a real help.

Thanks
Caroline
x

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have never heard of a Navara called a D5, I am however 99% certain that air con instead of climate = import from another market.

I don't think the lack of climate is a big deal personally - I drive lots of cars with climate and always find I manually override it anyway, but if its an import, the price has to be 'right'.

·
Registered
84 Posts
D40 is the new one.

If you check out the Nissan site and find the spec sheets and brochure it will give you all the info about the new one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello guys the saga continues ,can any one give me a clue on prices % wise difference between an import and a UK model ie. how good would the deal have to be.
Spoke to Nissan and they said it would still have a 3 year warrenty and once I had a vin number they would be able to tell us how long it has to run. on the imports the warrenty is ticking down as soon as it comes off the line.
Sorry about the disjointed posts but being 12k down and only a blown up Navara to show for it and no deal on the cards yet is starting to take its toll in the Sinclair household. Things can only get better.
cheers for now
Michael

·
Registered
481 Posts
Skjerstad said:
Hello guys the saga continues ,can any one give me a clue on prices % wise difference between an import and a UK model ie. how good would the deal have to be.
Spoke to Nissan and they said it would still have a 3 year warrenty and once I had a vin number they would be able to tell us how long it has to run. on the imports the warrenty is ticking down as soon as it comes off the line.
Sorry about the disjointed posts but being 12k down and only a blown up Navara to show for it and no deal on the cards yet is starting to take its toll in the Sinclair household. Things can only get better.
cheers for now
Michael
Hi Michael (and Caroline),

I can fully understand your predicament, and how bad you must be feeling right now, I am genuinely 'gutted' for you.

It's of course not right that you should have a broken car and all that money gone, have you tried taking the matter up with Nissan themselves yet? Please let me know if you have, who you have spoken to, what they said etc. I worked with Nissan for a long time as an Aftersales/Service Manager, I am experienced in such matters and would love to help.

With regards the import price difference, there is no easy answer IMO, as a general rule an import will be worth £1500 or so less than a UK vehicle when you come to trade in, as such you want to be saving at least £2000. You also need to check that the vehicle is comparable, it seems that new D22's now are not 'up to Navara standards', i.e. just basic pick ups for farm use etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi i am awaiting delivery of a new d22 from toogood 4x4 prices for double cab start at 12500 + vat but if you want cd or leather you will have to pay more.
as for warranty you should still get 2 years 10 months.
as far as i know truck will not be known as import as it is first registered in uk in buyers name, so there is second hand value problems.

spec as standard is 4x ew, alloys , a/c (not climate), cloth seats, chrome roll bar and rear bumper.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the replies
the Boss man is home off his hols onTue. We spoke to him direct this afternoon and he says he will sort it out when he gets home.Think we will just chill over the week end and see what happens.
We are still keen to have a navara cos it was nice to drive and good for the dogs too. Any more tips and tricks over the weekend greatfully received, get us up to speed for next instalment.
Cheers
Michael

·
Registered
515 Posts
import

Skjerstad said:
thanks for the replies
the Boss man is home off his hols onTue. We spoke to him direct this afternoon and he says he will sort it out when he gets home.Think we will just chill over the week end and see what happens.
We are still keen to have a navara cos it was nice to drive and good for the dogs too. Any more tips and tricks over the weekend greatfully received, get us up to speed for next instalment.
Cheers
Michael
Hi
mines a belgium import purchased new got 2years 10 months warranty.but no anti corrosion warranty.you must also make sure its a paralell import and not a gray import for insurance .

cheers neil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts