Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of de bading the rear tail gate take NISSAN off and the round van of the year decal in my head looks tidy your thoughts yes or no any one done it

·
Registered
18 Posts
De badged my isuzu and was much happier without so much writing all over it. The Nav doesn't seem too bad though.

Still, dental floss and some gentle alcohol should remedy yours :)

·
Administrator
2,292 Posts
When buying a used car, I always assume one with no badges on has been cheaply repainted. FWIW.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep get this I would think the same , but also in the world of modified and personal touches it seems the norm , im off work tomorrow so oil filter and de badge , thanks all for replys

·
Registered
18 Posts
When buying a used car, I always assume one with no badges on has been cheaply repainted. FWIW.

I'd agree but the Isuzu badges had a bad habit of deteriorating and looking really scabby, so for those it isn't uncommon. Give it a couple of years to see how the Nav ones handle sunlight and UK weather and it will become apparent if they're made better or if they will also need culling :)

·
Administrator
2,292 Posts
I'd agree but the Isuzu badges had a bad habit of deteriorating and looking really scabby, so for those it isn't uncommon. Give it a couple of years to see how the Nav ones handle sunlight and UK weather and it will become apparent if they're made better or if they will also need culling :)

Everyone has their own style. I like the look, especially on cars like the Nav where the factory got a bit badge-happy (our 2015-2017 NP300s have the round Nissan logo, Navara, NP300, and the grade badge (ST, RX etc). It’s very cluttered.

I feel sorry for pickup designers though because they do all look pretty similar from behind - the D40’s big plastic block is probably the most distinctive design feature. That’s why they go for lots of badges or huge RANGER/ISUZU/TOYOTA text.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yes debadge takes minutes.

I took everything off the back of mine. Hairdryer, dental floss to act as cheese wire, then the adhesive cleans off with meths. A nice polish afterward helps too.

I hate litter on the back of all cars.. I have rebadged everything I’ve ever owned.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
de badge

All done oil and filter and a de badge looks better happy with todays progress now to search for some wheels and tyre combo

·
Super Moderator
4,249 Posts
I de-badged years ago but the letters are still in the drivers door pocket lol
I wont do advertising for anyone unless there paying me

Attachments

·
Administrator
2,292 Posts
It’s lately become a thing for dealers here to permanently apply their name as a decal above the Nissan badge, like “Sydney Nissan” where the Sydney is added.

They can even get special registration plates that have the dealership name embossed on the plate in lieu of the normal state slogan! Yuk!

I’ve taken to specifying in contracts that no advertisements, stickers or badges are to be displayed on the vehicle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
de badge

gfromleeds truck looks awesome love the twin pipes , some lovely looking trucks , my number plates carry the dealers name ,not to worried about them

1 - 19 of 19 Posts