Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Lovin it a caravan on stilts.
What sort of weight is in one of those things. My caravan is best part of 2000 kgs it's not supposed to be but it is.

·
Registered
812 Posts
How much does your sort of big one weigh freemansteve it's got to be heavy as ...isn't it.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Unloaded, 3.2t, fully loaded 4.3t, and 800kg of it is in the bed of the truck :)
But at least they bung a couple of axles on underneath them, to take the rest of the weight!

Seriously though, demountables are a great idea, compared with a small motorhome, for those who already own a truck. I am surprised not to have seen a demountable with slide-outs though - it could be done and would make a huge difference....

·
Registered
14 Posts
demountable

hi there

ive got a six pac camper !!
not had it on the truck yet tho just bought it recently
sorry no photos yet

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I reckon it's about 700Kg but not actually weighed it!

Truck doesn't seem to notice the weight but obviously handles differently. I have MAD air assist on the rear springs that make a huge difference

·
Registered
812 Posts
700 kgs ! my family stuff is that. Shush don't tell plod.

I expect that is good ! nice once I get rid of the kids I want one. ( wife is optional)
My current caravan is supposed to be 1.8 ton but it is way over due to all mynd the kids toys without cider last time I weighed it it was 2.3 tones.
But it is 27 foot long and twin axel . The wife does like the kitchen sink. I think it's me really. Doup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts