Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've just put a small deposit down on a used 55reg aventura.
Its in really good condition, red and i have really fallen for it :lol:
Having now done a little more research, mostly thanks to this forum i'm starting to have second thoughts. :?
How do i find out what warranty/recall work it has had done ?
I have the reg no. - is there anywhere on the web i can check this out ?
I'm a little worried that after forking out good money am i going to be throwing more money at it just for it to be right ?
Any help much appreciated :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi Rich

At the moment I personaly wouldn't consider any 'used' Navara of any type unless it is:

1.Fully serviced by a main Nissan dealer.
2.The service record is verified by the dealers computer records.
3.The dealer takes you through any recall work done and can again verify it within their own dealer records.

If you are buying it from a dealer it should obviously have be checked for accident / insurance history etc.

If you can ensure the above you will probably get a good vehicle and hopefully some decent dealer backup.

IMHO at the moment Nissan/Renault UK are not the best at supporting their dealer network and you will need all of the above for peace of mind and to satisfy any doubts you have.
Oh.. and if possible try and get the details off the previous owner from the V5 or service history / warranty docs and have a conversation.

Navaras are big sellers at the moment and are very popular for some very good reasons (stonking engine / drive etc) but there is a growing list of niggly problems with the D40 that some dealers are refusing to accept as warranty jobs mainly because Nissan UK will not give them the go ahead.

From some investigations into the D22 conrod failure situation and whilst looking to trade in for a D40 I have had some interesting conversations and 'admissions' with workshop and management staff at 3 different Nissan outlets in the NE and two in Yorkshire.

I can honestly say the dealers I have had an association with are genuinely sympathetic re: warranty claims inside and just outside the warrant period but struggle to get Nissan/Renault UK to verify work.

One quote to finish off with from a technician at one of the garages I have dealt with:

"The problems with the D40 clutch are due to owners trying to drive them like a car. If you keep dumping the clutch and trying to accelerate away with a high torque 175bhp engine in a heavy vehicle like the Navara it is going to break"! (slighty paraphrased but that was the gist of it)
:roll:

Apologies for the long winded reply and good luck with your purchase

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply ****, much appreciated :wink:

Dont suppose you (or anyone) could give me a list of recalls i should ask about. Hopefully i'll get a chance to have a chat to them tomorrow.
Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi Rich

If you can get the 'vin' number you can check for recalls on the VOSA website.

http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

PS: I would apply my previous posts comments to most vehicles and not just the Navara......don't want to upset anyone :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,445 Posts
Hi Rich,

If you buy from a dealer ( a Nissan one ) you will be in safe hands mate )

I have a Adventurer,, its a Auto :)

I have had a seal replaced and the rear half shafts. This was on the first service, no big issues, but the dealer wanted to get it sorted :) for me.

Get a good dealer and you will be very happy :)

The local dealer to me is Desira Nissan, they have been great from Day one.

I know there have been a few problems with the Navs, but its down to the dealers to get it sorted, and Mu local Desira Nissan dealer has
got it sorted for me.

These are great Trucks and have many uses :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just like to concur with Brian as my post may seem a little negative.

Get a good dealer and you should be happy.

**** :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts