Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just wanted to know if it is safe to use a diesel additive for the 2.5dci engine. I bought a Liqui moly diesel additive which you pour in the tank for max. 75L of diesel and says it cleans the fuel system and injectors.The car has almoast 100k miles never cleaned the fuel injectors I just replace the diesel filter every 2 years and try to keep the fuel tank full.I just want to do something that will prevent the injectors clogging up. My fear is the additive will disolve deposits in the tank and clog up the injectors, read on some forum this is what happened to a guy with a VW Transporter and thats why I'm having doubts about using it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,843 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drove about 700km this weekend on a family holiday filled the additive in the morning before leaving. Did highway and B road miles that additive made no difference only thing I noticed was when I filled up with diesel I could smell the additive coming from the fuel tank. I will wait another 1300km before using something else and after this I will try the forte injector cleaner to see if it makes any difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts