Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Im in need of help here becuse im out of ideas,

bought the truck about a month ago. with almost new head, new turbo, new starter.

the trip home whent without any problems, except for a fuel leak above the tank.
came home and used the truck for a couple of days without problems, and just overnight it startet to get hard to start and with good amount of
blue/grey/white smoke..

have tried to change the primer pump, fuel sender unit, glowplugs, blocket egr,
after i bleedet the fuel system it starts after 8-10 seconds of turning but still with alot of smoke. and shes hard to start cold or warm.
when shes fired up she works like a charme, pulls like a train and no problems whatsoever.. exept the smoke..
no loss of antifreeze and nothing but oil under the oilfillercap. havent been able to check compression yet, going to do it this weekend.

in need of help here guys! any tips?

Regards Torbjørn from Norway :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i did the compression test and all the sylinders seems fine.
starting to think that maybe one of the injectors is starting to fail. what would be the symptoms of that?
when she starts up you can hear that shes not running on all 4 but after 3-5 seconds the last cylinder fires up.
im thinking if one fail the pump will struggle with building pressure for all 4 injectors and takes longer to start?
the glowplug on cylinder 3 had startet to deform, sooo maybe injector nr3?

anyone? starting to miss my truck :/

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for replying :)
have checked both of these threads, my problem is both hot and cold, both primer pump and the tank plate has been changed, fuel filter has been changed twise and there is always a greyish smoke from the coming out :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi again every one!

Still having problems here, had the injectors tested and they where in perfect condition. changed the intercooler core, another fuel filter,
tried bleeding the system several times (any tips on bleeding?) still have to crank at least 10-15 seconds before firing up, an with alot of unburnt fuel smoke, greyish.
no differense if the engine is hot or cold.

im totally out of ideeas here... could it be the pump? timing? still air coming in somwhere?
thought if it was the pump or timing the car would be "lazy" or not starting at all?

·
Administrator
2,364 Posts
Have you checked the fuel itself? Some of your symptoms sound like the diesel is freezing. I'm sure you do cold weather better than me though, so you probably know what that looks like.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have checked this and even added one, testet before and after primer with no difference.

could it be something else?

once startet and heated up if i give it some revs and hold about 3-3500 rpm there is a constant white/grey/bluish smoke coming..
im on the edge of giving up and puting it in a shop.. but here in Norway that`s kinda expensive...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have already checked that thread ;)
but starting to think thats going to go next on my list, is there anyway to test the pump without taking it out of the car? some sort of pressure gauge or something?
know it produces alot of pressure but have to ask if there`s a way, the mechanic here takes about 100£ an hour for this job,
and a used pump starts at 500£ so i can test it myself, that would be nicer on the wallet :)
managed to break the connector to the water temp while trying to bleed the system. anyone know where i can get this? checked on the billcar site but coulden find it..

·
Administrator
11,523 Posts
Have already checked that thread ;)
but starting to think thats going to go next on my list, is there anyway to test the pump without taking it out of the car? some sort of pressure gauge or something?
know it produces alot of pressure but have to ask if there`s a way, the mechanic here takes about 100£ an hour for this job,
and a used pump starts at 500£ so i can test it myself, that would be nicer on the wallet :)
managed to break the connector to the water temp while trying to bleed the system. anyone know where i can get this? checked on the billcar site but coulden find it..
Hopefully the expert on D22's will be along to suggest next steps @chris vince

1 - 20 of 60 Posts