Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had the new digital tachograph fitted to their vehicle for towing? I belive it was mandatory for all commercial users with new vehicles after 1st May 2007. Not sure if it can be fitted to the D40. Looking to replace our current vehicle and so will have to get into this mine field of apply for driver cards, card readers etc.. All sounds rather daunting.

I guess this will be less time consuming than filling in charts all the time but it's the hassle of applying and paying for it that concerns me!!
Anyone had any experience of applying and using one, I'd appreciate your comments.

Many thanks
Thanks Nav 1

·
Registered
257 Posts
It's mandatory if the combined vehicle weight exceeds a certain limit.

As far as I know the only uk pickup that is ready for a tachograph is the Isuzu Rodeo.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am about to get one fitted, but not digital, as according to my installers, "Frank Tuckers Commercial" they wont work on a D40. But as mine was registered before 1st may, i can fit a normal one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have just had a customer who has fitted one to a L200 & it was a Siemans fitted by Sandicliffe Nottingham 0115 9218850.

The law says you need to have a digital taco if you are over 3500kg e.g Truck ,Trailer & Load combined weight within a 32 mile radius of your home/business.

Guess what there are very few people who can help.

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
Over 50km from your operating center and you`ll need a tacho,rather than inside 32 miles I think?

Inside 50Km and your own work related duties,ie not haulage, you won`t need one for a vehicle under 7500kg gross?

Someone will come along to a link to the relevant site :thumbleft:

·
Registered
2 Posts
anything over 3.5 tonnes gvw needs a tachograph fitting by law. Immaterial of distance travelling. Most truck or commercial centres will fit.

·
Registered
177 Posts
A tacho is needed if towing anthing which is capable of putting you over 3.5 t gvw , if you are doing it for payment or reward or it is a part of your bussiness if self employed

Had a tacho fitted to my 54 plate d22

1 - 7 of 7 Posts