Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 20 of 408 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am starting some new different type threads 8)
Dogs !? So what dog have you got and why?
I breed/show English bull terriers and have never had any other type of breed !

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Funny you have started this thread mate, as I have just suggested a pets corner in the suggestions thread.
Anyway, here are my two gundogs Paddy (Weimeraner) & Tilly (German Shorthaired Pointer).

I think it's obvious what I use them for....picking up all of which I shoot....

·
Premium Member
23,585 Posts
My cousin has three of those Garry, they've got bags of character haven't they.

I would love a dog, but i don't have the time to give it the attention it would need, so it wouldn't be fair.

I love the English bulls, Staffs, Boxers and Bulldogs.

Yours look great mate

Yours to Shooter, lovely dogs mate

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Their some cracking dogs you got mark! :)

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Cheers mate....yours too. There are two like yours down the river bank where I walk mine, and what I love about them is that they look as hard as nails but have the most lovely and soft temperament I have seen in a dog.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lil'Trucker! said:
My cousin has three of those Garry, they've got bags of character haven't they.

I would love a dog, but i don't have the time to give it the attention it would need, so it wouldn't be fair.

I love the English bulls, Staffs, Boxers and Bulldogs.

Yours look great mate

Yours to Shooter, lovely dogs mate
Yeah mate English Bulls are crazy dogs !
Last year i bred a litter of ten :shock:
Heres a pic of four girls from the litter¬

The dad picture here is one of the best in the country ¬

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shooter said:
Cheers mate....yours too. There are two like yours down the river bank where I walk mine, and what I love about them is that they look as hard as nails but have the most lovely and soft temperament I have seen in a dog.
The thing is Mark its a good job they have got such a nice temperment cause if you had one with a bad temperment it would be taking lumps outa somebodys arm and other dogs ,and thats not good for the breed !
Their great dogs but was noriginaly bred for fighting so need firm handling from the get go !
Most of the time they have a clown like character and are daft ! :)

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Here are a few pics of my GSP as a pup. I am going to breed her next year when she is 3....Don't show the wives/girlfriends, they'll all want one.

[attachment=2:1jjc3g6q]Tilly_1.jpg[/attachment:1jjc3g6q]
[attachment=1:1jjc3g6q]Tilly_3.jpg[/attachment:1jjc3g6q]
[attachment=0:1jjc3g6q]Tilly_2.jpg[/attachment:1jjc3g6q]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like i said thats a cracking looking staff rich 8)

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Ive got 2 scottish terriers, monty and kenzo

Monty 6 months old

kenzo

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Rich - Lovely looking staff mate....they always look great at 6 weeks old, don't they.

Andy - Yours too mate, lovely, does the missus have the matching Radley handbag to go with the dogs. My missus says that they are the Radley dog??? (Whatever that means)???

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Shooter said:
Rich - Lovely looking staff mate....they always look great at 6 weeks old, don't they.

Andy - Yours too mate, lovely, does the missus have the matching Radley handbag to go with the dogs. My missus says that they are the Radley dog??? (Whatever that means)???

Thanks shooter
LOL the misses is obsessed with Radley gear!! shes got hangbags, umbrellas, scarffs, purses....with the little scottie tags the list is endless :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Rich - Must say thats the nicest looking Staffie that I've seen in a while....Your mates Doberman looks niice too!!!

Shooter

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thought i would show you all the apple of my eye,shes my English Bull Terrier Sasha ,but shes a little different ,shes the very rare solid Fawn with black smutt ! The colour is only ever seen in one in every 400 dogs ! Because of this She cost me a £1000 plus a 600 mile trip there and back to get her :shock: but i think she was worth every penny :)

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Jack (furthest away) and Charli - both rescue dogs from a local doggy snactuary.
Jack we've had around 10years, he'd been in the dogs home for a full 2 years prior to that and they think he was about 2yrs old when brought into them so we think he's around 14 now. No other history of Jack.
Charli we think will be 3yrs old in the summer. We got him May 2006 from the dogs home and they thought he was 9 or 10 months old at the time.
Both are fantastic loving dogs and love gong out in the Nav as it means a long walk is coming!
This picture of them was taken while wifey had popped into Tescos on our way back home from walking along the beach with the boys.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Nice dogs mate....If I didn't use mine for working then I would definately rescue a pair of dogs....It's not nice seeing them locked up in them homes. If I was to visit a home, the missus would come home with the Nav full of dogs.

·
Premium Member
23,585 Posts
Yeah lovely dogs Bob

There's a dog recue centre just up the road from where i live, it's been featured on tv a few times. Some real lovely dogs over there, i was speaking to a girl there, and she was telling me how some of the dogs were treated before being rescued, it was appaling to say the least.
Many people can't look after themselves let alone a dog

Garry, your fawn EBT is lovely mate, my cousin told me they're as rare as rocking horse ****! are the brindles also rare?

Steve :wink:

1 - 20 of 408 Posts