Nissan-Navara.net banner

361 - 380 of 408 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Nissan Navara Aventura / BMW 650i / Saab 93 TTid
516 Posts
View attachment 34106

View attachment 34122

Collies from different breeders. Smaller one is only 4 months but already showing signs of a larger breed. The bigger, older one got on well with the Malamute. Both get really mucky, totally destroyed part of my garden. I have to completely cover the car when we take them out so can't wait for the call from the dealership.
Beautiful pups there, Oran! And seem so loyal to one another.

We are hoping that another Collie would be good company to Denby and they'd be as close to one another as yours appear to be.

We have (this evening funnily enough) contacted the same breeders we bought him from to see if they are likely to have another litter any time soon. Our belief that having dogs that a) are related and b) from the same litter will be a good recipe for continued happiness and good nature.

Just love Collies!

·
Premium Member
15,733 Posts
Border collies are lovely intelligent dogs. It's great to see them working, doing agility as well as obedience trials.

I would never have one though, I don't like the idea of having a dog sharper and more intelligent than me. :scratch:

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Border collies are lovely intelligent dogs. It's great to see them working, doing agility as well as obedience trials.

I would never have one though, I don't like the idea of having a dog sharper and more intelligent than me. :scratch:
You have a point there, Keith. Although Denby appears to adopt my own brand of intelligence to a tee...

p.s. photos are not supposed to have uploaded anti-clockwise.

Attachments

Reactions: Oran

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Perhaps a tad too relaxed and at home?

Me: "Denby, get OFF the sofa for the umpteenth time".

Denby: "Erm...okay, I'll just park myself in this nice, comfy, tartan armchair...".

[sigh]

·
Registered
78 Posts
Shelby -

Bought for my daughter.
Medium size
Good temperament
A compromise because I really didn't want us to have a little fluffy

Actually quite crazy at times.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Lovely looking pup there Joe.

I know what you mean - my wife wanted a Dachshund named Colin (?!) but I managed to convince her that a Collie was more us (me).

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I wanted a dog, the wife wanted a baby. We compromised and had a baby! :?

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I wanted a dog, the wife wanted a baby. We compromised and had a baby! :?
We have similar compromises, Jem. I work, my wife doesn't.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
We have similar compromises, Jem. I work, my wife doesn't.
After well over a year off on maternity, managed to get her back to work 4 days a week. She did two weeks in, had two weeks off for us to go away. Had two weeks in, had two weeks off for Christmas. Had one week in, walked out and never went back!

She's just started a new job, 3 days a week. Meanwhile, I'm working 24/7 (literally) this week!

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
My sister-in-law and her boyfriend have just had a new puppy. It's an akita called Ronnie. Here he is (8 wks old, I think) with my "dog compromise", Harper (16 mths old, roughly).

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Lovely looking pup there Joe.

I know what you mean - my wife wanted a Dachshund named Colin (?!) but I managed to convince her that a Collie was more us (me).

I wouldn't have minded a border collie either. My preference was a bull terrier rather than a portuguese water dog but we figured that it might have grown to be a little to boisterous for my daughter at the time.

I stayed at a poultry farm as a kid and was told that if I ever got bailed up the resident rooster, to call their border collie. The first time I came across the rooster, I called for the dog and he became my hero. Very intelligent dogs.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Here is my collie greyhound cross. Super intelligent, knows exactly what is going on, a wizard on the agility course!
-snip-
Awwww, he's lovely!

My Lurcher recently went over the rainbow bridge, sadly. It was just before his twelfth birthday. Here are some pictures...

This was Flash in his last week

Just after going for a wash with the local pet groomers; they always put a bow on the animals.

This is his brother Jack

And Jack enjoying cuddles with my Dad

And a couple of pictures of the two of them being lovely - and sunbathing in both!

Going to be getting a new puppy in a few weeks. A little Whippet bitch as I love sight-hounds too much.
Here's a picture I was sent of the litter:

Note: Sorry for filling the page with pictures but this forum doesn't seem to have a "spoiler box" function where I can hide the pictures behind a button.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Here is my collie greyhound cross. Super intelligent, knows exactly what is going on, a wizard on the agility course!
A collie greyhound cross?! Must run like the absolute clappers Mike!

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Awwww, he's lovely!

My Lurcher recently went over the rainbow bridge, sadly. It was just before his twelfth birthday. Here are some pictures...
It's heart breaking when you lose them hey? Took me 22 years before I had another pooch.

Flash looks absolutely beautiful. Sorry to hear of his passing.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
My little black lab pup Luther, coupl days after getting him home and settled in.
He looks well chilled! What a fantastic looking pup. Love Labradors. My mate has two black ones - think he loves them more than his own children!

·
Administrator
13,327 Posts
A collie greyhound cross?! Must run like the absolute clappers Mike!
Yep. As I heard somebody say in a broad West Country accent while walking across the harbour in La Rochelle, "now that's a proper Lurcher". Not as quick as a whippet, but loves to run!

361 - 380 of 408 Posts