Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
2016 NP300 auto
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My vehicle was parked up for several weeks which resulted in a flat battery, jump started ok but there was an amber engine warning light, my local mechanic did a diagnostic check cleared the fault which he said was a particulate filter fault, it has since returned, there is no Noticeable change in performance, thought a clean would cure.

· Administrator
17,495 Posts
OK, makes sense.

I assume you are still under warranty, so if your local Nissan dealer is open they can trigger a dpf regeneration cycle where the dpf soot is burnt off.

If not, many garages have the diagnostics to do the same.

You can also try to get the truck to regenerate yourself, driving at 50mph plus at around 3,000 rpm for 20 minutes will normally set the process off.

· Premium Member
2016 NP300 auto
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Driving up to Scotland tomorrow will give it a go, not much Faith in my local Nissan dealer in Leeds my last service visit resulted in a complete brand new engine just weeks after, during the service they were investigating a very slight water leak, but failed to position a jubilee clip on the bottom radiator hose, which blew off resulted in a total water loss when driving home from Scotland with no warning lights.

· Registered
1 Posts
Remove dpf. Flush 25% hydrochloric acid / 20L water mix from rear flange to front over and over using 2 buckets. Do a second 20L batch as a final wash. flush with 100L of water or so until you get clean water. allow to drain over night, use snap on scan tool to clear accumulated levels. Refit. Start / let warm up / go for a moderate drive

1 - 7 of 7 Posts