Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 np300 tekna auto
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wanted to find out if others have had the same issue as me recently. so on Monday morning i had the engine management light come on but no issues with the truck so rang local dealer who took it that day. They told me it’s a blocked dpf which I understand but can’t help as there are no major roads near us so most trips are at low speeds. But the light was triggered by oil dilution from lots of incomplete dpf regens. The truck was serviced, dpf regenerated and software updated has anyone else had this problem and has the software update solved it, I don’t fancy doing this every six months. The truck has done 4700 miles.

Thank you

·
Administrator
16,482 Posts
It seems to be an ongoing issue, not sure if the latest software has made much of a difference.

As you say made much worse if you can't run at 60mph for 20 minutes which is something many manufacturers have the same issue with.

If you really can't find somewhere to do a monthly run there are various diagnostics tools starting at £200 which can trigger the regeneration cycle.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Welcome to the club sir/madam - I too own the DPF t shirt. Now clocked 17k in my 21 plate nav.

I haven't actually had any issue since about 10k miles when I had the glitch. It has to be said that I do use motorways daily so that might help.

The risk with DPF's is that if you override error codes (if that's your thought?) is that you do actually run the risk of stuffing your DPF properly if it needs cleaning, and from others stories Nissan don't take a generous view on covering DPF replacements under warranty anyway - I know of a few that had warranty claims refused.

EDIT - just read Landmanns post🙈he's dead right👍can't comment about warranty but I wouldn't have thought there would be an issue...

I don't know of many/any that have crippling recurring issues with DPF problems, so I wouldn't worry too much, although it has to be noted that constant short journeys without blowing the cobwebs off will raise your chances of a DPF issue in any car, not just a nav.

·
Registered
2021 np300 tekna auto
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you hopefully the update will lengthen the intervals if not cure it I had hoped the fact that I tow at the full 3.5 tons regularly that this would be sufficient hard work to avoid problems like this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts