Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have a Navara 2.5 outlaw Autobox and the turbo gave up whilst trying to force a regeneration.
Now after cleaning everything and refitting a new turbo a mate brought his garage snap diagnostics round and turned of the DPF light and also did a regeneration cycle.

The snap on read the codes and turned the light off. It definately regenerated as there was lot of smoke and heat to start with.

Our problem is that since cleaning and refitting everything when you take the truck up the road the dpf light is off from the start, but the truck has no power. When the truck reaches a certain point (within feet) the dpf light comes on and there is even less power.

What we are trying to establish is whether the snapon was just turning off the light and not deleting the fault. Leading to the DPF fault coming back after the truck has travelled a certain distance or for a certain time.

I do have access to.nissan consult III so we will be trying that...any suggestions appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty certain the diagnostic unit is resetting the fault code in the ECU, not just the light.

I am guessing the dpf is choked up and not being cleared by a regen.
The DPF has been steam cleaned and also run a forced regeneration that was a little smokey to start but went clean after 10 mins.
I have been reading that unless it does a rolling regen on the road it leaves the fault in the ECU.

This for example.. Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

1 - 3 of 3 Posts