Nissan-Navara.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone else noticed that after locking the doors and then pressing the 'lock' button again will set the alarm but you are able to open the drivers door, thus setting off the alarm...i've done this many times thinking that another press of the door lock will make sure the doors are locked but in fact they are not...

·
Registered
175 Posts
So stop pressing the lock button again then.......

press it, lock it, leave it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
chunk said:
So stop pressing the lock button again then.......

press it, lock it, leave it.
... or don't even bother locking it and then you don't have to worry about "is it ... isn't it ... is it"...

It isn't.... :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
guy..i know its been talked about before but i thought it would be a good idea to mention it again to see if a solution has been found..

chunk..how many times has someone walked away from his/her truck and thought 'have i locked the doors'...then giving a re-assuring press of the lock button again which results in the doors unlocking..

dunc..i'm sure you lock your doors, or have you got a big dog as a security device..

·
Registered
171 Posts
tried a few times now and can't say I found this happens.

looks like you've got a fault. possible broken solonoid that operates the lock?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DaveC said:
tried a few times now and can't say I found this happens.

looks like you've got a fault. possible broken solonoid that operates the lock?
possibly dave.. when i lock the door the first time ,everythings ok but pressing the key fob lock button again a minute later will unlock the door but will keep the alarm on..i thinks it might be a software problem...

·
Registered
31 Posts
scarey
ive had the same problem
i spoke to a auto electrician we use at work and he tells me that the d40 has no extra dead lock system which is activated by the second pressing of the lock button
so press it and leave it is what he told me its worked so far since

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Does it make a difference what 'mode' its in - there's a thing in the manual about changing between anti-hijack mode and normal? I haven't tried it but would be interested to know. Its the sort of thing that could get quite annoying. If I'm not sure I've locked the car I tend to press it again, have to do that by unlocking / relocking just to make sure I guess.

Option to change between mode is set by holding down both buttons at the same time for 4 seconds after removing key from ignition I think but not 100% without checking with manual

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if memory serves me right , the 'anti-hijack' mode only unlocks the drivers door when you press the unlock button..

·
Registered
51 Posts
scarey said:
has anyone else noticed that after locking the doors and then pressing the 'lock' button again will set the alarm but you are able to open the drivers door, thus setting off the alarm...i've done this many times thinking that another press of the door lock will make sure the doors are locked but in fact they are not...
Mine doesn't seem to suffer from this. Doesn't matter how many times I press 'lock' it remains locked. Never heard the alarm since I've had it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sounds like you're lucky with your door locking, mine has now got to the situation where when you press lock on the keyfob all the other doors lock except for the drivers door..a trip tp the dealers me thinks...

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi there

there is a problem with D40 door locks. you are best going to the dealer as it sounds like a confused door lock mechanism/solenoid. There is a bulletin about this

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i took the truck to the dealer on wednesday he suggested that the door lock was at fault....when i went to pick the truck up yesterday i tested the locking and found the fault still there ...the service manager said he will order and replace the 'bcm' unit..i'm going to pick up my truck today and hopefully it will be fixed...let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Scarey,
Its obviously under warranty so give us all a laugh and ask how much the BCM costs.. (They will have it on the computer as I guess it gets backcharged). :D

My rear view mirror was over £500 excluding fitting..... :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i just got my truck back and the combination of a new door lock and 'bcm' solved the problem...didn't see your post until i got home dunc ,so i didn't ask how much that bcm costs...one thing i have now noticed is that the door locks more quietly now than before..maybe the loud 'clunk' is an indication that the locks on its way out..also full marks to FISH BROTHERS NISSAN in swindon for their politeness and efficient way i was treated...

ps..dunc did you get my pm?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.