Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, still nursing my 2007 Pathy along and I’m grateful for the help I get from this forum.
I have another one from this morning with the rear door being unable to open from inside or outside. I presume the lock has seized or a connection has come off but can I remove the door card from inside? Is there anything I should be checking first?
All other doors are fine and I’d used this door about 30 minutes previously with no issue.
Thanks

·
Administrator
17,067 Posts
Hi all, still nursing my 2007 Pathy along and I’m grateful for the help I get from this forum.
I have another one from this morning with the rear door being unable to open from inside or outside. I presume the lock has seized or a connection has come off but can I remove the door card from inside? Is there anything I should be checking first?
All other doors are fine and I’d used this door about 30 minutes previously with no issue.
Thanks
Likely as not the link to the latch has come off.

From memory there are 3 screws holding the door card on (behind inside handle and in the arm rest.)
The rest are clips that just pull off, you should be able to get it off enough to activate the latch.

Maybe you can get to the latch with the window open, but there isn't much space to work with.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the advice @landmannnn, you were spot on with the cable popping out of the latch. The inside handle not working was because I have the child lock on - got so caught up in the fault that this never occurred to me.
I thought it was all good but now there appears to an issue when I lock the doors.
The outside handle works fine with the door open and me manipulating the latch but, once I close the door and hit the central locking the outside handle stops working again.
I’m wondering if I’ve attached the cable incorrectly (everything from the rubber boot down is under the handle anchor point right?).
I’m out tonight but I’ll try to get a look at the manuals tomorrow unless anyone’s had this before and knows what I’ve done wrong………🤣

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would take the door card off the other door and check that the drivers side matches the one that works.
That’s the issue, I stripped down the passenger side first as it was easier to access so I would know how it came apart - both sides were not working after I ‘fixed’ them 😂

Turns out that the rubber boot goes above the anchor but that wasn’t apparent because the plastic ferrules had broken (on both sides). Working now and I now know every inch of the inside of my doors - thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts