Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, looking to fit a cheap ebay double din. really after bluethooth and camera option with maybe sat nav. Not after music quality as only ever listen to the radio.

Do they fit in the gap well? are they easy to fit and do the steering wheel controls work? thanks lee

·
Administrator
13,140 Posts
They are OK, the android ones are useful if you can tether to your phone as you get online sat nevs etc.

Sound quality isn't great - but not a worry then.

They fit the hole in a D40 fine, you might have to modify the brackets by drilling an extra pair of holes to line it up properly.

Steering wheel controls do not work unless you get one that specifically says it has has SWC.

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
did you connect the swc and if yes do they all work because from what i understood the tricky part is to connect the swc and be fully operational
not a clue matey , i dont have steering wheel controls , but every thing else married up perfectly

·
Registered
69 Posts
i got 1 of ebay , cheap enough at £140 , does dvd , camera front and rear marries to my ipod , and bluetooth , not had any issues to be fair http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-DVD-Player-For-7-Nissan-Juke-Qashqai-Navara-X-TRAIL-USB-MP3-Stereo-Radio-MK-/161524589011?hash=item259b9da1d3:g:SUAAAOSwdU1W8kTo
That's the unit I have too.. I use my cell phone for sat nav so that's no issue. But the DVD quality is good, sound quality is decent enough with good speakers, the front n rear cams work well, and I have a micro Nintendo hooked up for some passenger fun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dab+

I just ordered this one.
I had to order a dab+ box too as Norway have been shutting down the FM net and by the end of 2017 will have shut down the FM Radio net all over the country.
I wanted a Android head unit because of apps and connect ability to my phone.
I might be creating a separate thread when I get it to shop off some before and after pics as this will be what starts off my interior mods.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi guys,

What tools are needed to remove the old unit?

I have just ordered an Android unit as a replacement.

Cheers

Wayne

·
Registered
Navara d40 2011
122 Posts
Hi guys dug up an older thread . Anyone got any pics AND links to and double din head units fitted into their d40 thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts