Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

Been looking through the posts an no one seems to have tried fitting a night type heater in their double cab (Or I couldn’t find a post).

Just wondering if anyone has tried it or measured it up for a good location.

I’m thinking it would be ideal in the winter for defrosting in the morning an save having to wait for the heaters to warm up. Especially with the remote control option.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. The thread you have suggested seems to be looking more at the water block type heater rather than the air heater I’m thinking of?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey everyone.

Been looking through the posts an no one seems to have tried fitting a night type heater in their double cab (Or I couldn’t find a post).

Just wondering if anyone has tried it or measured it up for a good location.

I’m thinking it would be ideal in the winter for defrosting in the morning an save having to wait for the heaters to warm up. Especially with the remote control option.
I have an Eberspacher diesel heater in my Mazda Bongo, and it's excellent for heating the inside of the vehicle. It has a fan blown air vent to the cabin of the vehicle and at least in a vehicle the size of the Bongo it raises temperatures very quickly.

I guess you could connect it's vents into the normal screen vents for defrosting but mine isn't set up for this. The downside of this system is that it doesn't heat the engine, so won't help with cold starts. When you consider where to place the unit you need to remember that it has an exhaust outlet that needs to be run outside the cabin (unless you like carbon monoxide) :laugh2: The unit itself gets fairly hot and you need to give it space around it. Mine is positioned in a storage compartment and the exhaust runs through the cabin floor.

From what people have said about the Webasto heater I think they are a better solution than an Eberspacher for a Navara, but I guess it depends on which problem you are trying to solve - for cold people the Eberspacher is good, for cold vehicles the Webasto is probably better.

Best Regards Sarah

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeh seen some as low as £150 with all that extras. Silencer, remote control etc. Had a look today. Was thinking taking one of the rear under seat storage trays out an position there but doubt if there is enough room above the fuel tank or middle box on exhaust for the heaters intake an exhaust.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Im guessing no one has bothered to fit an air type heater as they don't give you the same benefits as the water heaters. They're generally used in ambulances/minibuses etc where there is a large space to heat.

·
Registered
52 Posts
For those who are thinking of a Webasto:
Mine has been fitted in my 2018 double cab.
They mounted a plate next to the forward driveshaft and placed a thermo top evo on it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
I can't recall anyone having done it. Have you seen that you can get Chinese copies for around £350?
i have seen these and was waiting to see if anyone has fitted one and if they are any good?
got one sat in my ebay basket at the moment...

might take the plunge if my other little project goes well and let you all know.

·
Super Moderator
4,572 Posts
Ive got a standard remote start and it warms my truck up in about 10/15 minutes when the fast idle switch is turned on

·
Registered
276 Posts
Fitted a Webasto from a Landrover to me D22 and its the best thing I have done, get up, put it on and 30 minutes later we are up at normal run temo, love it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just purchased one of the chinaspacher units and I intend on fitting it so that it heats the cab and the covered tub.
The unit comes with a thermostat with a timer, a separate 10l fuel tank and a silencer for the exhaust.
I use it as a mini camper when I am away scuba diving with a 3m x 3m drive away tent and sleep in the tub with the tailgate down.
Undecided yet as to where the heater will be fitted cab or tub, internally or externally as the unit has only just arrived and it is easier to site when you have the unit physically in your hand not just a list of dimensions.
I will post pics of my progress, any issues I come across and how i get around them.
Wish me luck guys, I'm going in!

·
Super Moderator
4,572 Posts
Just purchased one of the chinaspacher units and I intend on fitting it so that it heats the cab and the covered tub.
The unit comes with a thermostat with a timer, a separate 10l fuel tank and a silencer for the exhaust.
I use it as a mini camper when I am away scuba diving with a 3m x 3m drive away tent and sleep in the tub with the tailgate down.
Undecided yet as to where the heater will be fitted cab or tub, internally or externally as the unit has only just arrived and it is easier to site when you have the unit physically in your hand not just a list of dimensions.
I will post pics of my progress, any issues I come across and how i get around them.
Wish me luck guys, I'm going in!
Good luck i look forward to seeing your updates on it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok so I decided to test the unit on the bench prior to fitting it so that I could Check out the heater worked and the safety features on it actually worked as well.
Connected everything as per the pigeon English instructions and it didn't start, error message.
Checked the manual error list and what was written made no sense.
Decided to remove the cover and check a few things, found that the fan wouldn't rotate due to the rotation sensor bracket fouling the fan so adjusted this to set it correctly.
Restarted it and it went through its self check before starting the fuel pump. It took another 3 restarts before the fuel was primed through and the system could start.
Good heat output in a short time, not as noisy as I expected and the thermostat seems to work ok.
Blocked the inlet and outlet separately, both caused the heater to turn off the burner and continue to blow air through in an attempt to cool the system down so a positive there.
Exhaust pipe does get very hot as expected so good routing of this on the install will be paramount as will the reflective aluminium tape I have that will be applied to the areas around the exhausts added protection and the gas seal paste that will be going on all of the exhaust joints.
Next stage will be the install of the unit into the Nav.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have fitted an eberspacher to a few of my vehicles, particularly ones that I sleep in when away on fishing or hunting trips. They have always worked really well but I did experience a problem in one due to the exhaust gases coming back into the vehicle and it was quite scary at the time so ever since I have used the genuine outlet with a length of extension pipe to ensure the fumes are directed well away from the centre of the undercarriage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts