Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
D40 V6 Diesel (v9x) 2011
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! First post here, hope to get some advice.
I got a fault code p2457 egr cooling system and the associated p1525 ASCD function (cruise control automatically shuts down when the egr code pops up)
There is supposed to be an electric water pump for the egr cooling system, it is supposed to be on the firewall L/H side of the car, does anyone have a manual for checking/replacing this pump? Wiring diagram?
I have bled the system, to no avail.
Any advice appreciated.
IMG_20201129_113737.jpg

·
Registered
D40 V6 Diesel (v9x) 2011
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update, found a code in the heating and ventilation system, of course I didn't save the code, but it was something about no can bus communication or something similar, cleared that code plus the ones in the engine ECU, seems to be working for now.
Still want to know about location of the EGR Cooling system pump though.

·
Administrator
15,145 Posts
Thanks a lot, that will come in handy .
What a great and helpful forum 😊
There are 2 regular issues with the V9x. The intercooler splitting and the egr getting blocked.
Regarding the egr, you either need to take it off and remove the soot, or put a new egr valve on.

Have a read

·
Registered
D40 V6 Diesel (v9x) 2011
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again for the manual, seems like a fairly straightforward procedure... I'll have a look the upcoming weekend, hope for good weather since I'll be outside 😊

·
Registered
312 Posts
Landmannnn would you mind sending me a link to V9X manual? Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
D40 V6 Diesel (v9x) 2011
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update! I replaced the EGR cooling water pump, it was easy accessible, remove the L/H front wheel and the wheel arch cover, then it just sits there on top of the frame.
However there doesnt seem to be anything really wrong with the old pump, hook it up to a 12v supply and it runs fine.
Once the pump was replaced I cleared all faults and started the car again, pump was running intermittently showing the status in my fault code reader as on to off to on and off again and again.
Suspected faulty faulty wiring /bad earth since I got only 11.75 Vdc, hooked up a new earth, 14.2 Vdc problem solved I thought, but no... status shows as off even though pump is running, damn canbus.... the ground is not a "real ground" it is a +2,5Vdc signal...
Cleaned the contact as good as I could, didn´t show any visual signs of deteriation anyway.
Still the same problem, logging fault codes, turning the cruise control on and off as the pump switched on/off...
As it was getting dark and cold outside I assembled everything, as I was going to drive to work on the sunday (400 km).
On the sunday I started out, the cruise control going on and off for a while and then completely off, Stopped the car did a reset, and low and behold, everything has worked ever since, long drive on sunday, several starts and drives on monday and today with no fault codes triggered.
Is it gremlins or did the new pump and the ECU have to get to know each other ? you Canbus guys perhaps have an answer?

·
Super Moderator
356 Posts
You're pretty much at the limit of what you're going to be able to do without an oscilloscope. There are still a couple of tests you can do with a test lamp/multimeter though. Have you got a wiring diagram for the EGR cooling system?

·
Registered
D40 V6 Diesel (v9x) 2011
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You're pretty much at the limit of what you're going to be able to do without an oscilloscope. There are still a couple of tests you can do with a test lamp/multimeter though. Have you got a wiring diagram for the EGR cooling system?
Yes, I have the wiring diagram, and acces to an oscilloscope 100 MHz as well, but everything seems to be working at the moment. :)

·
Super Moderator
356 Posts
Sounds like you're in a good position if it starts playing up again. Any chance you could post the wiring diagram on the thread?

·
Registered
D40 V6 Diesel (v9x) 2011
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got the complete Manual from another user here, have not gone any deeper into this, since the car has been working beautifully evere since my last post...

·
Registered
D40 V6 Diesel (v9x) 2011
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bumping the thread since the fault is back...
Done all the checks in the troubleshooting guide, plus cleaned all the earthpoints in the system, still no luck.
Will do some further troubleshooting when I´m back at work, since Ive got access to meggers and bondingmeters there, would have been really handy to have a time Domain Reflectometer though, since then you could see smaller variations in impedance and get the distance to these variations.
Pretty much at the limit now of what I can do...
I have attached the troubleshooting and the wiring diagram.
I suspect the harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
D40 V6 Diesel (v9x) 2011
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Trying to Bump the thread again, since I´ve still haven´t been able to sort the problem.

When measuring across the two leads going to the pump, I get 11,75 volts when the engine is running.
When measuring from the positive lead directly to ground / earth , I get basically the same as when measuring across the battery with the engine running, I.E. above 13 volts.
When measuring from the negative lead to ground, I get approx 2,5 volts, with the engine running.

If I start the engine with the pump connected, the pump goes on for a while, then off and on a couple of times before going off completely, if I then bypass the negative lead directly to ground / earth, the pump starts immediately.

The negative lead (connector E203 pin 2) seems to go straight to the ECU (connector E207 pin 29), so the ECU seems to control the pump with the ground signal. I will try to replace this wire and see if it helps, would turn the car into the dealership or another workshop, but sadly it is a very long waiting time (summer holidays here in sweden) just to get them to look at it, called a few other garages but 3 of them just said no, this is way over our skill level.

One option I´m thinking about is to just add a bypass/override switch to force the pump to run, to have the car driveable.

Could it be the ECU that has a malfunction?
The dealer said to bleed the system, I have done the bleeding procedure several times over, to no avail, Is there some kind of flow sensor that controls this circuit? I can´t seem to find anything like that in the manual.

Any advice would be very welcome right now.
Best regards from Sweden.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts