Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just a quick ello.

had my narava outlaw D40 double cab for one week now and it is fantasic!!

but some tit desided to reverse into the back of it and mangle my shiny back bumper. ( as if the bloody thing isnt big enough!!!) and drive off
anyway i now need a new back bumper for it, does anyone know where i can get my hands on one apart from nissan and how much they are likely to cost?!

cheers Andy.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hi Andy, welcome, and sorry to hear your bad news.

I would have thought the D40 is too new for people to be making 'aftermarket' bumpers for, but I could well be wrong, hopefully someone will come up with an answer for you.

If it turns out you must go for a Nissan item, let me know and I will be able to arrange you a discount on one.

Ezz.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Andy
Welcome to the site mate :D

Sorry about the bumper. Only consolation is that if they damaged a Navara bumper they must have smashed f*ck out of there own vehicle :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

ezz : ive been looking everywhere for a rear bumper but all the aftermarket ones are for the older navara, but then i dont really want an after market one as in my eyes they look **** compaired to the standard chrome jobbie on the navara. but i know there just gunna cost a small fortune from nissan. looks like im off to the nissan dealer at the weekend!!

also ive been lookin at the area thats been damaged and the bumper has been pushed back that far its dented the rear quarter and then pushed the rear quarter under the rear light into the rear drop down door so it was catching!!! ( they must have cought it at a proper weird angle) so ive had to lever the rear quarter back so it is correctly alined again to stop it catching. luckly thou the dent is covered by the bumper.

might well have to take you up on the offer of the discount ezz lol!! :D

diesel : i hope to god their car is 3 foot shorter than wot it should be ******* mupets!!! ur not wrong about them being strong, took me nearly 1 hour to move the bumper half an inch to get it away from the bodywork to stop it causein more damage!!! lol

there thats my rant over with hahahah.

cheers andy

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hi again Andy - just noticed you are in Widnes - my home town!

If you contact Phil, the Parts Manager at Widnes Car Centre, tell him you are a friend of mine (Eric) and that I said he would do you a good deal.

If you would rather not do that for any reason, I'll get you one through Chorley Nissan, a dealer I work with almost every day, it'll probably be cheaper than WCC, but would mean a ride up to Chorley - let me know which would suit you best.

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ezzer said:
Hi again Andy - just noticed you are in Widnes - my home town!

If you contact Phil, the Parts Manager at Widnes Car Centre, tell him you are a friend of mine (Eric) and that I said he would do you a good deal.

If you would rather not do that for any reason, I'll get you one through Chorley Nissan, a dealer I work with almost every day, it'll probably be cheaper than WCC, but would mean a ride up to Chorley - let me know which would suit you best.
Gud old widnes hay!! lol
not going into WCC, they are not helpfull wotsoever in that place, didnt even buy my navara from there and i live about a mintue away from the place lol!! got mine from the nissan dealer in warrington.

would it be possible for you to find out a price for the bumper plz eric and let me know?? if so that would be much appreiated matey!!

many thanks andy

·
Registered
481 Posts
Sorry to hear that you didn't get on with WCC - I suppose like most places there are good and bad staff.

If you can Andy, send me an email to [email protected] with your reg and VIN numbers (or at least one of them) and I'll price it up tomorrow - is it just the main stainless steel bit?

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Eric email has been sent.

cheers Andy

·
Registered
279 Posts
Andy,

did this happen in a public car park? or main high street?
if so and you can give a good esimation of time the cctv might have something. this happened to a mate of mine in northampton and they had it on camara and succesfully got a claim through :lol:

just a thought

·
Premium Member
5,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jayk said:
Andy,

did this happen in a public car park? or main high street?
if so and you can give a good esimation of time the cctv might have something. this happened to a mate of mine in northampton and they had it on camara and succesfully got a claim through :lol:

just a thought
ive thought of that matey, but its just trying to figure out when it happened, as im on the road all day long parking in umteen car parks a day, i didnt notice untill i got home when i was cleaning it. from a distance u can hardly tell with it being chrome, its only when u stand there and look or are up close u notice the big dent if u know wot i mean?!! thanks for the tip anyway matey

cheers andy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.