Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the engine light a few weeks ago and hooked up the diagnosis and found p0409 as viewed in the picture. Nevermind the airbag fault, that is a broken clockspring馃ゴ So i changed the egr and the fault comes back after a few days. Checked all the wires from ECU to EGR and they are good.
Anyone had this fault code and have any tips? I searched the forum and found some threads about p0409 but there the solution is change the egr and that didnt do the trick here馃様 Can a oxygen-sensor or lot of dirt in the inlet-manifold set this code?

Administrator
A really good write up here

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A really good write up here
Thanks for the reply. I read that and tried it but still the same. The egr is new.

Administrator
Ok. I assume yours is before 2010? After 2010 a blanking plate needs a 10mm hole drilling as there is some sort of sensor that recognises the flow.
I do remember somebody having a corroded pin on the electrical connection.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i have a 2009. I have also tried with and without plate, it still throws that code. But last night i read some more and found a post about taking of the battery to reset the ECU. So i tried that. deleted all fault codes, took of the positive pole for about 30 minuttes and the lamp hasnt come on... Yet. So i will try this for a week and write an update. Earlier it has come back in 2-3 days.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, it's been a week now with lots of cold start/stops, small driving and still no engine light! So it looks like the disconnecting of the battery-pole did the trick馃榾

1 - 9 of 9 Posts