Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, recently my 2017 NP300 has developed an intermittent issue whereby the Engine light will come on, stay on for a little while and go off. Took it to my local garage and he could not read a fault, it's not that he didn't try, the system could not be read. He tells me that this is the 2nd time this has happened in a week. 2 Navara's of the same age with unreadable management systems. I thin i need an ECU software update. Has anyone else come across this.

The vehicle itself shows no sign of any issues. Drives the same.

·
Administrator
5,052 Posts
If its happened to him twice this week is it possible its his code reader that's gone faulty?
As landmannnn said though it should still be covered by the warranty, so give your local Nissan a shout!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

My 2016 Nav also had intermittent warning signs showing up. Sometimes it persisted for a week, sometimes just for an hour. Went to Nissan 3 times during Dec 2020 for this and finally they solved it. Last time they made an ecu update which solved it. Apparently in my case it was due to some electronic sensor acting up and telling the ecu it wasn't receiving enough voltage and thus resulted in a check engine light. I attributed this to changing damp/cold weather as it worked alright when when warmer but acted up when colder or more damp.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update - apparently the original issue was an EGR pipe which they fixed under warranty and they returned the truck and all was good for 24hrs, light back on again🤬. So booked in again for tomorrow to see what the problem is this time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update - apparently the original issue was an EGR pipe which they fixed under warranty and they returned the truck and all was good for 24hrs, light back on again🤬. So booked in again for tomorrow to see what the problem is this time.
Hello Jim here.
I have just had the exact same problem. Collected my Jeep ón Tue evening. No problem with it at all. They said it was EGR valve stuck open. Then then today there is an engine management Light on in the background of the Rev Counter on LHS.
It was the engine management light on the RHS in the Speedometer side last week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts