Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - just been in my 2016.5 NP300 Tekna Manual and the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) has come on - solid amber light on the dashboard. I was only nipping out a mile or so, so very gingerly drove home. Car drives fine and nothing of note seems wrong, it's parked up on my drive now. I think some people refer to this as the engine warning light? Only thing I can think of is that I've done quite a few short trips over the last few weeks. It's not been on a decent drive for a while now. Could it be that, or has anyone any thoughts or advise. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi - just been in my 2016.5 NP300 Tekna Manual and the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) has come on - solid amber light on the dashboard. I was only nipping out a mile or so, so very gingerly drove home. Car drives fine and nothing of note seems wrong, it's parked up on my drive now. I think some people refer to this as the engine warning light? Only thing I can think of is that I've done quite a few short trips over the last few weeks. It's not been on a decent drive for a while now. Could it be that, or has anyone any thoughts or advise. Thanks.
I had the same with my 2017 NP300. Went to the dealer: they found out if was loosing some coolant fluid. A small hose behind the grill was damaged, probably due to incorrect install. It should have been fixated. After the install of a new 7.95 euro hose and filling the cooling system, issue was fixed.

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
I hate to suggest it but are you sure it was the EML on and not the DPF regen light in view of all the short journeys you had been doing?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll take a picture tomorrow. But looking in the owners manual on page 2-5 it shows all the warning lights. Definitely not the DPF warning light. On page 2-11 there is a very vague explanation and keeps going on about the engine control system and have it checked by a Nissan Dealer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I've been looking at those too. Anyway, I've taken it for a drive this morning. Another 15 miles or so mostly on the motorway at a steady 60-65mph. Car seems to run perfectly well, no different to normal. Stopped it, started it 10 mins or so later and the warning light has gone. Bizarre. And a picture from first thing this morning showing the warning light whilst it was just idling on the drive. Pretty sure the codes are stored so even though it's gone now I'd like to know why it appeared in the first place.

·
Banned
1,474 Posts
The reason it cleared is it stays on when activated and only clears itself after a certain number of starts without incident (usually 5) so your issue was most likely very short lived to initially put the light on . The fault code that triggered it will still be stored. Unless it comes on again I wouldnt lose any sleep, if comes on red dont go any further. Most likely you may never see it again the NP300s chuck up all sorts of electrical anomalies to worry you.LOL

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've been driving with mine on for 3 weeks, P24A8 is the code - EGR coolant pump issue, suppose I should call them and see if they're working atm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts