Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have got a nissan navara 2.5 outlaw 53 plate. whe driving and putting the engine under load ie going up hill the engine missfires, it happens most in 2nd 3rd and fourth gears, at speed the engine is fine, turbo is working fine. if it was a petrol i would say ht leads, but on a diesel i have never heard of it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
must be injector

It must be a failed injector that can't cope with higher injection volumes. Either that or some electronics packed up in the injection pump so it loses track of the injection pressures that need to go up at increased fuelling levels. End result is fluctuation in the injected fuel quantity that you interpret as misfire. Get injectors checked out at a bosch fuel service centre. I know that the injection system is a japanese copy of the old proven Bosch VP44 pump, so a Bosch centre may look at it. How many miles have you done in yours?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for that it sounds like the same snag, do you know what sensor it is. had a look today under the drivers side and there are 5 of them

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for your help. it is the gear box switch. i have disconnected it and it runs fine, will have to look at getting a replacement. thanks for your help i would never had found that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Navara misfire

Have had the pump refitted to my navara after being checked and finding no obvious fault. The egr valve has also been checked and still shows no problem. i would now like to try this sensor on the gear box which apparantly can be troublsome, can anyone tell me which one it is?

·
Registered
60 Posts
ENGINE MISFIRE

Hi I am have the same problem with my 02 D22 with 90k in 3rd and 4rd between 2500 –3000 revs it misfires I came across a few articles that say change the sensor for power reduction but tracer28 just disconnected the neutral did any on else have this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: ENGINE MISFIRE

tommy64 said:
Hi I am have the same problem with my 02 D22 with 90k in 3rd and 4rd between 2500 –3000 revs it misfires I came across a few articles that say change the sensor for power reduction but tracer28 just disconnected the neutral did any on else have this?
Hi
Have 04 D22 with 95k is misfireing in 3/4 gear at 1800/2000 rpm
Disconected gearbox switch nearest engine NO difference
Need help
Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
frogeye1000 said:
are you sure you got the right one.

it's on the top of the gearbox under the gear lever.

not the front one of the two on the side.
Hi
Had gearbox lever cover off Could not find s switch but just to the offside of gearbox 2 switches together and yes disconnected the one nearest engine
Also today tried (read on forum) engaging all gears and pressing heat switch 1st gear rpm went to 1500 2nd did the same but 3rd engine spluttered and eventually to 1500 4th did not reach 1500 farted good style Does this help
Cheers
easyjet

·
Registered
6 Posts
easyjet said:
frogeye1000 said:
are you sure you got the right one.

it's on the top of the gearbox under the gear lever.

not the front one of the two on the side.
Hi
Had gearbox lever cover off Could not find s switch but just to the offside of gearbox 2 switches together and yes disconnected the one nearest engine
Also today tried (read on forum) engaging all gears and pressing heat switch 1st gear rpm went to 1500 2nd did the same but 3rd engine spluttered and eventually to 1500 4th did not reach 1500 farted good style Does this help
Cheers
easyjet
Hi
The second part of my post is ****
I carried out this with the switch on the gearbox still disconnected
Reconnected switch and totally different engaged 1st gear with engin running and pressed heat switch revs did not move at 800/850
as did 2nd
In 3rd and 4th I found that a slight movement of gear lever (rocking left to right) the revs varied when the heat switch was engaged
Then tried it on the road and hey presto I could get it to misfire by holding the gear lever away from me When I hold gear lever to wards me NO misfire
Question is the switch on the gearbox adjustable ?
Cheers
easyjet

·
Registered
224 Posts
switch not adjustable, probable cause is pitted contacts inside the switch combined with some play/wear in your gear box.

either fit a new switch, or possibly just leave it unplugged.

·
Registered
6 Posts
frogeye1000 said:
switch not adjustable, probable cause is pitted contacts inside the switch combined with some play/wear in your gear box.

either fit a new switch, or possibly just leave it unplugged.
Hi frogeye1000
Thanks for the info
My understanding that if I disconnect the neutral switch would have to bridge the wiring leading to it
Thanks anyway
easyjet

·
Registered
224 Posts
may be wrong, but whats the point of bridging the link.

with it unplugged you heat switch will work but won't cut the revs in gear.

with it bridged, the heat switch won't work at all, it thinks it's always in a gear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
frogeye1000 said:
may be wrong, but whats the point of bridging the link.

with it unplugged you heat switch will work but won't cut the revs in gear.

with it bridged, the heat switch won't work at all, it thinks it's always in a gear.
Hi frogeye1000
Iam not sure either
But 2 wires going to a switch the switch it is normally OPEN or normally CLOSED
I think when in neutral the switch is normally OPEN when in gear you make the switch thus preventing the heat switch to operate
But I will put a meter on switch and let you know
Cheers
easyjet

·
Registered
5 Posts
just checked to see if neutral swith working in line with heat switch ,in all gears runs at 800/850 when you pull back into neutral jumps up to 1500 ,moved gear stick about, did not make any difference
------------
springador

1 - 18 of 18 Posts