Nissan-Navara.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Navara NGuard 2019. So still under warranty. Does anyone know if the Remapping is visible if the vehicle has to go back to Nissan for any reason whilst under warranty.

·
Administrator
14,715 Posts
Yes, if they know what they are looking for. The ECU records the number of updates, normally 1, but would be 2 if you had a remap.

·
Administrator
4,816 Posts
Yes, if they know what they are looking for. The ECU records the number of updates, normally 1, but would be 2 if you had a remap.
Correct!
The only way I can think of to make a remap untraceable is have a second ecu that you swap out for the original should you ever need to take it for warranty work/ recalls

Reactions: Skermzy

·
Registered
84 Posts
Or just fit an iDrive EVC throttle controller - you will not be disappointed. I've driven an NP300 with a so called tuning box and the difference was barely noticeable - the manufactures claims I simply didn't believe. The throttle controller does not increase power at all btw.

·
Administrator
4,816 Posts
Or just fit an iDrive EVC throttle controller - you will not be disappointed. I've driven an NP300 with a so called tuning box and the difference was barely noticeable - the manufactures claims I simply didn't believe. The throttle controller does not increase power at all btw.
Tuning boxes basically just add extra fuel which in turn produces more power! but the drawback is they also create exhaust smoke which if you have a dpf fitted, they really don't like this!
The usual solution is you have to turn the tuning box settings right down so it's bearly doing anything!
I had my tuning box turned up quite high and it made a huge difference but it caused a dpf warning light just about every week!
so I put the tuning box on a dash switch So normal driving about its switched off, and when I want to play I could switch it on. and this worked great untill I got a proper remap and dpf delete, and the difference was night and day! By far better than the smoke box!

·
Registered
Navara D23 2016 tekna, tuned to 250BHP
16 Posts
Not all tuning boxes are the same, cheap ones on ebay just change fuel mixture, if you go with a more up market unit like The TDItuning box on link below, 3 channel units have multiple settings and can give you a range of options for power and economy and can be removed without trace, these have 3 channels to control fuel, boost and revs. I have one on my np300 and have around 250hp with addition of new air filter and no issues just better all round performance

·
Registered
138 Posts
TDI tuning in Chelmsford fitted a tuning box to my Mercedes E350 and I didn’t think the improvements were that good then about two weeks after fitting the engine wiring loom went up in smoke causing the car to grind to a halt on the M25 due to a fault with the tuning box. No apology and a wait of over a week for them to effect a repair of the wiring. After the box was removed I then decided to have the ecu remapped by GAD and the results were far superior to the tuning box.
I haven’t remapped my NP300 as I do a lot of towing and Brabus were reluctant to extract more than 212 ps out of the 2.3 due to reliability problems on the engines standard internals when subjected to more boost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts