Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This account is new to the forum as I can't get into my other account, it was tied to Facebook and when I changed my email it won't let me login anymore (with FB that is).

My truck is a 2007 Navara D40 RX 2.5L (VSK), I've owned it for 3 years, it had a 2013 YD25 engine put in it right before it was in my possession.

So I've been trying to diagnose some running issues, namely random stalling that leads to a crank no start and a after a random amount of time it will just start.

I've ordered a new throttle body as every time it happens I get a P1705 TPS code.

Another issue I've noticed is I have a minor fluctuating idle of about 100 rpms, especially when it's cold but a lot of the time it's always there, this is minor but worth mentioning.

Fuel pressure max was about 120,000kpa after a 5 minute drive around town, when key is turned to IGN with engine off the absolute throttle position is to spec at 8/8, haven't been able to test when the stall happens as of yet.

Below pics are sitting idle after a 10min~ drive.
Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Technology Software

Font Slope Technology Parallel Electric blue

It can sit there running for 10mins straight without the temperature gauge rising at all until I start driving.

I've cleaned the TPS plug, Accelerator Pedal Sensor, MAFS, Replaced the Fuel Filter and replaced the Air Filter, took off the Intake hose to the TB and it was clean as a whistle. ECU reset done also after Fuel Filter replacement.

I also did a 20 minute drive the other day and no events occurred, I will be using it a lot for work soon so I need to make sure it's reliable.

I'm not sure if cleaning the TPS plug temporarily remedied the issue, it's very dangerous when it stalls at high speed on the freeway, so I do need to identify the problem, especially since I'm gonna be towing a trailer soon.

Unrelated to the main problem but can anyone tell me what the green plug is in the pic below? Just curious as to what it is/was for lol
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Hood Automotive exterior

Thanks all.
Si

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum.

P1705 means the throttle position sensor is playing up. It is the potentiometer on the throttle pedal that normally causes the problem. I think the normal remedy is to buy a new throttle pedal with the position sensor.

I think that would also cause the uneven idling and maybe the stalling too.

No sure what the green plug is for, it might be for the "water in fuel" sensor on the fuel filter fitted in some markets. The same loom is used for RHD LHD, petrol, diesel so there are several unused plugs.
Thanks for the reply

So most probably the pedal sensor you reckon, not the TPS on the throttle body. That's good news, well, sort of... I might try and see if I can cancel this throttle body order then.

I figured it would be the throttle body's TPS (the one attached to it), because I disconnected the accelerator pedal sensor and the idle was still a bit off. I suppose that would happen anyway with default ECU values.

That being said though, since I cleaned up the pedal sensor it hasn't stalled again in a few days (yet). So it might have been dirty or still on its way out, I just want the stall to happen again at a safe time so I can disconnect the pedal sensor and see if the car starts, so i know for sure.

Thanks for putting me on the right track, the info about it normally being the throttle pedal is helpful.

Cheers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick update, I replaced the accelerator pedal and it hasn't occurred since, been over a week and no codes whatsoever.

On another note, how do I tell what type of replacement engine I have? If I went off my original model/specs it would have been a VSK 2007 126kw DCi (common rail) but since the engine was replaced when I bought it, the engine cover is labeled with Di instead of DCi, I did a PPSR Check on the engine number, the check returned with an MNT 2013 Nissan Navara engine VIN,

Were these 2013 MNT Di? and does anyone know what their KW are?

When i looked up the YD25 range anything beyond 2009 didn't have Di anymore and was 190KW or 140KW
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_YD_engine

Looks like when purchasing parts for this I have to say it's a VSK/MNT :ROFLMAO:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts