Nissan-Navara.net banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the spec of my Nissan Navara....

Engine YD25DDTi Nissan Frontier 2009, Common rail direct injection, Turbo\Intercooler, 2.5 L, (2488 cc), 89.0 mm, 100.0 mm, 18:1, 129 PS (95 kW) @4000 rpm, 30 kg•m (290 N•m; 220 lb•ft) @2000 rpm

My problem is that engine start and then die immediately, I am quite confused as all the pre-filter and filter are fine.

It seems that this car has a low pressure pump and high pressure pump attached to the timing, here are some pictures of pump and diagram ...

Can some expert tell me now what to test? I almost dismounted everything and I would like to test and check everything.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
your problem is almost certainly electrical, but have you done anything to cause the fuel to be shut off. the pump is not timed as such its just a pump that pumps pressurised fuel up to the rail and to the injector bodies, the electronics then allow the injector to fire the fuel in to the cylinder when the ecu decides its the right time based on the position of your crank sensor and cam sensor along with what your maf is telling it. so try to reset your throttle control plenty of info on how to do that it might work but i think its a sensor that is electronically stopping your fuel.tell me how you get on regards.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just want that it be informed here, I am quite expert on engines, another time I've created an ecu to control with o2 sensor wideband an 4g63 engine turbo, maf, mat, clt, mdp and air temperature with map, egr control, eval control .... everything in a microchip with assember code.

This controller can control each injector independent and also the dwell can control 4 independent coils separately.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now talking about my problem.

Every engine factory is free to make any kind of project ... so this Nissan Frontier that is the same than Navara with engine YD25DDTi probably has an electrical pump for low pressure (to make the engine start) and a high pressure pump on own common rail system.

There is not fuel pump on fuel tank, there is not any kind of pump down the chassis as other model of nissan.

So when I turn on the ignition, I can hear some kind of electrical pump acting and a low pressure pumping (it may be the low pressure electrical pump) as the high pressure is together the timing on engine rotation.

I've tested the injector plugs asking to some one to crank the engine, it is pulsing the right voltage, using a bulb I could see it lighting up, so this means that there is not an electrical problem on 4 injectors also the injectors as flowing the variable nozzle properly as I've again tested it.

All the electrical was tested, fuses ... and again I mention here, it is something related to high pressure pump, it may be the common rail pump as mentioned with pictures on my first post.

The fact is that engine start in the low ... but immediately after start it die as there is not high pressure!

The scanner does not mention any kind of problem on actuator sensors!

It may be some kind of valve that controls the high pressure of this pump on common rail or the own common rail, I am going to study and post some pictures again to help other person with same problem.

Also, can some one tell me the timing marks of this YD25DDTi??????? as I am going to remount everything back and must precisely know the timing marks because I dismounted already almost all the front stuff related to this common rail, but still could not remove the common rail as I must remove the main pulley.

SO I NEED THE TIMING MARKS FOR THIS ENGINE

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Eagle_Japanese said:
Now talking about my problem.

Every engine factory is free to make any kind of project ... so this Nissan Frontier that is the same than Navara with engine YD25DDTi probably has an electrical pump for low pressure (to make the engine start) and a high pressure pump on own common rail system.

There is not fuel pump on fuel tank, there is not any kind of pump down the chassis as other model of nissan.

So when I turn on the ignition, I can hear some kind of electrical pump acting and a low pressure pumping (it may be the low pressure electrical pump) as the high pressure is together the timing on engine rotation.

I've tested the injector plugs asking to some one to crank the engine, it is pulsing the right voltage, using a bulb I could see it lighting up, so this means that there is not an electrical problem on 4 injectors also the injectors as flowing the variable nozzle properly as I've again tested it.

All the electrical was tested, fuses ... and again I mention here, it is something related to high pressure pump, it may be the common rail pump as mentioned with pictures on my first post.

The fact is that engine start in the low ... but immediately after start it die as there is not high pressure!

The scanner does not mention any kind of problem on actuator sensors!

It may be some kind of valve that controls the high pressure of this pump on common rail or the own common rail, I am going to study and post some pictures again to help other person with same problem.

Also, can some one tell me the timing marks of this YD25DDTi??????? as I am going to remount everything back and must precisely know the timing marks because I dismounted already almost all the front stuff related to this common rail, but still could not remove the common rail as I must remove the main pulley.

SO I NEED THE TIMING MARKS FOR THIS ENGINE
A search of this site is a wonderfull thing :wink:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6049&start=10&hilit=YD25+timing+marks
Woz

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
can you one tell me how to remove the crank pulley? I was trying and it seems that it is really tight! I woul like to know if there is something I could use to lock the crank and then I be able to force to bolts pulley out.....

Cheers!

G

·
Ya should have out your own marks on the pulleys if you couldn't find them. Woz did advise you of a link to help you.
But as your suck an expert on engines as you quoted earlier I thought you'd have known that.
:dunno :wavey :****

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Eagle_Japanese said:
this website is very unprecise ... it does not have skilled at a minimum rage, weird! moving to another station
No, but we have lots of skill at maximum rage!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, so if there is skills here, please tell me the timing marks for yd25ddti, also tell me if there is some kind of "rebuild kit" for common rail:

Denso Equivalent Part Numbers:-

SM 294000-0330
SM 294000-0331
SM 294000-0333

Mitsubishi Equivalent Part Number:-

1460A001
1460A047

Also, if possible, the drawings for this pump to check bits dismounted!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Not only has he said the 'M' word Chris but posted the same on Nissan Asia and I reckon Ok, so if there is skills here might not go down too well with our OZ/NZ cousins :lol:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts